report 2/11/06

Brian Sloss

My business partner was down from columbia, so we hit the blue ribbon area again on an even colder day, but no rain. Ryan got a pickerel on his first or second cast with a rooster tail at the boat ramp and then retired the spinning gear for the rest of the trip. The fishing was a little slower than the previous trip, but our numbers were pretty similar because we fished a little harder. Everything was fished deep and MOATs, stoneflies, Don's crawdads, eggs, North fork specials, and a caddis larvae all took fish. Ryan's first trout had been in some sort of battle and had scars and a deep red wound. It fought hard and acted ok, but I don't know how long it will last with that wound. My biggest fish was 17-18 inches landed at big bluff shoal about 1/2 a mile up from Little huricane. Also caught a hog sucker of pretty good size. I hooked right on the forehead and he fought hard. I would too if that happened to me. Also, I took a spill at Little Huricane shoal. A cold day for a dunking. That is one slick run.

98802242_7edc3e8c74.jpg98802243_a96233407c.jpg

98802251_a64b69a07e.jpg

98802249_4fc4ec293a.jpg

Sorry, I must of entered the addresses wrong for the other pics. I'll try again later.

Brian

www.elevenpointflyfishing.com

www.elevenpointcottages.com

(417)270-2497