32" Brown In C&r Zone

Pastor

• Members

There has been a Huge Brown in the C&R zone for a few years. I caught him back in 04 or 05 and he measured 32" we estimate him to be 14 or 15 pounds. He usually hangs out under the shute but sometimes drifts back into leagle fishing. I was wondering if anyone else has caught this fish and got a picture. I did not get one. I would love to have a picture of the fish even if someone else is holding it, just to show people who think I'm crazy. Caught him on a 4wt rod and a squirl nymph.

Fish of my life.

The Great Commission Was To Go Fish-n

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive hooked a few monsters on my flyrod and spinning gear over the years near the wire at the end of the park. Seems those fish no exactly what to do and run for cover and bust ya off....ive hooked into one in the 8+ lb range a few years ago and i couldnt even turn her!

but yes ive hooked a few good ones that have run me under the shute that comes out of the rearing pools...it must be somewhat hollow under the tanks because i had a nice one rip drag off for quite a ways under there...i ended up landing it and it was about a 6 lb brown about 4 years ago before they redesigned the c&r partial stream.

I didnt know there was one that big in that little c&r stream though!

• Members

I know exactly what you're saying about the monsters at the wire. There's been two occasions where a hog has come out from under a log on the right right side if you're looking downstream right outside the park and slammed me. I wasn't really ready either time and they were gone back under the log before I knew what hit me. I always make a drift or two when I walk past now, but no luck since, however, they are still there. I can hear them laughing at me! :huh:

Nope.. No big fish in the c&r.. The conservations removed them and put them in the hatchery... nope, no big fish in there.. just little stockers..

• Members

I"m not being arguminitive but that's not realy accurate. I actualy went today and caught a rainbow in the c&r that was at least 4lbs. I caught it on a tan scud #16. It put up a realy strong fight. beautiful hooked Jaw male. I seen a brown below the shute that was about 6lbs. but he spooked and went back under the cut bank. I have always caught big fish in there. no one can kill them. pretty wonderful thing---c&r all year.

The Great Commission Was To Go Fish-n

• Members
There has been a Huge Brown in the C&R zone for a few years. I caught him back in 04 or 05 and he measured 32" we estimate him to be 14 or 15 pounds. He usually hangs out under the shute but sometimes drifts back into leagle fishing. I was wondering if anyone else has caught this fish and got a picture. I did not get one. I would love to have a picture of the fish even if someone else is holding it, just to show people who think I'm crazy. Caught him on a 4wt rod and a squirl nymph.

Fish of my life.

Ha, weird I found this post. I grew up in Licking and, being closer to Montauk than everyone besides campers, spent ALOT of time down there. I caught him once in 2004 on a 18 grey scud that I had tied on from Taney, which everyone thought was weird but he took it and was hook fair, so not really sure but he made a huge flop on my feet and my girlfriend at the time snapped a pic of my almost falling face first in the water. Anyways, long story shot, I didn't get to hold him :(. Oh well, I guess he has died or they have moved him into the trophy water somewhere below. I caught 2 down there last Sunday with my girlfriend, who left the camera batteries in the car and was going picture crazy with the minks and scenery, that my floppy digital scale registered at 6.1 and 6.7 pounds. Nice fish... got the last picture the batteries had on my trying to get the first one under control to take a pic and get him unhooked. Caught them on a olive 1/32 jig, spinning tackle and 1 lb. test. I love those big sly trout in there. The two last weekend make 11 weighed and measured over 5 pounds that I've actually touched from there since I started fishing it around 2000, I think I was 15 when I caught my first over 5. There are some huge trout tucked back under those logs, just gotta entice them out. Nice fish and hopefully we meet up there sometime. Maybe we can both catch one worth taking a picture of and forget the camera in the car. Good Luck

"Your chances of ever catching a record fish increase in direct proportion to your distance from a reliable scale"

Nope.. No big fish in the c&r.. The conservations removed them and put them in the hatchery... nope, no big fish in there.. just little stockers..

I think he is just kidding.

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell

I can see it now...elbow to elbow fishing in the C&R zone,looking for that 32 incher LOL :lol:

The only good line is a tight line