Kings River Wed 3/19

SKMO

Crossed the Kings River on 86 Hwy about 11 AM and here are some pics. Most of the watershed for Kings got 10" plus rain. Extreme mud and debris headed to The Rock for your enjoyment.

Had crossed at Eagle Rock earlier and it looked pretty good but I doubt if that will last long as mud works down from the side drainages of the White.

Poked my head into Viola ramp and there is a big log jam at the ramp, so will probably head back to H Hwy this PM. I would guess that in another 24 hrs we will be fishing mud from the Baxter area upstream, With the James on a rampage and Long creek running muddy it might be hard to find any water with clarity anywhere on the lake in a few days.

post-366-1205950908_thumb.jpg

post-366-1205950933_thumb.jpg

post-366-1205950957_thumb.jpg

SKMO

"A True Fisherman with a Rod in His hand, and a Tug on the Line, would not Trade His Position for the Throne of Any King"

Thanks for the pics SKMO. Have not been out yet to see all the damage. Talked to Curt at Baxter Marine and they herd from the Corp. that the lake should peak out Sat. at around 932+. I feel for the people that are wondering not what the fishing will do but more when the water will go down to see what is left to salvage from there flooded homes.

I spoke with my family today in SK and they said that they have had to move the dock 5 times. They did not think that they would have to tie the boat to the house like they have before, but they are not looking forward to the clean up afterwards. I plan on helping when I am down in April