Im Invading Montauk!

Leonard

Depends on what their ages are and what they like. Aside from fishing, floating the Current is an obvious one. Maybe hiking, as there are trails all over the ONSR. A visit to Bo's Hollow is worth while. I would say horse riding, but the stable nearby encountered some health problems with many of their horses. So, they are in limbo for the time being.

Oh, you might also check the Salem website. They have a tourism link, and also an events calander that you can look at.

When are you going? In the summer time you have to hit the Tan Vat access down river and swim in the swimmin hole. Other than that, Montauk is pretty well away from anything. 20 miles to Salem and 12 to Licking. If you go to Rolla, eat at the Sirloin Stockade at I-44 and exit 185 after 4pm, all you can eat steak and buffet. Hope this helps.

Dennis

Dennis

Eat, Fish, Sleep,....Repeat

Member: ozarkflyfishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

I'm with HFDH on this one. Not much in the line for Kid activities in the Montauk area. Tan Vat is a great place to cool off in the summer. As for the campground area, there might be some other kids arounds for them to play with. Other wise walking the trails is about it.

As for you Leonard, don't forget to bring your "special coffee". :rolleyes:

Hopeful the water will be in good enough shape so you can fish outside the park too.

Later,

FFM

Woo Hoo Fish On!!

Depends on what you want to do...not much to do but fish in the park..They have a playground and Tan Vat is the favorite swimming hole......A float is the obvious choice..I'd recommend floating Cedar to Akers...Scenery is great. Hike up to Medlock Cave and Medlock schoolhouse, play around at the old hospital at Welch Spring and check out Akers Ferry one of the few remaining car ferry's in the state. Fishing can be decent, its stocked with trout, and the kids can fish bait and keep there catch. Devi's Well near Akers is worth a stop too..or stop at Pulltite and hike over to the cabin and the Spring. Cheers.

Thanks guys...

the Bison farm looks cool....

And flyfishmaster... I bring the coffee...FOR SURE... I have a cup with your name on it to... :blur:

(hey fish.. I'll shoot you a PM later and let you know the days we will be there... maybe we can drown a PMS under the undercuts) :goodjob:

Another reason Montauk came up.. I have a few distance relietives that live in Licking... so it would be a wasted trip..

Thanks again guys.

Leonard

I'm with some of the others...nothing much other than water,trees,hills,poison ivy,ticks.But remembering when I was young...thats all I ever needed to be happy.

Don't know how old your boys are,if you all aren't used to floating,could be dangerous.

I can't imagine leaving vacation city USA (Branson) for a vacation,just kidding.

One thing for sure I know your family will have an awesome fishing guide to help them.

The only good line is a tight line