New to the board

fishinfarmer

• Members

I'm new to this board so maybe so of the 'old pros' can jump in and give me some help.

Every year I rent a house on Beaver for a week and bring all my kids and grandkids down. This year my brother-in-law, who works in Jamacia is coming along and he loves to jug fish. Does anyone on this board do any jug fishing and if so do you have any suggestions. The house we rent is right near the Lost Bridge Marina so that is the area we will be fishing. That large cove, right across from the boat ramp looks good but don't know what the catfish fishing is like on Beaver because I've always gone for Bass. Does anyone know about the channel, flatheads, blues or other cats during the last week in June? Thanks a lot.

Mike Smalley

I have seen some nice cats come off limb lines in Big Clifty Arm and up Indian Creek. I am not sure about jugs, I know that there most be some people fishing jugs because in the early A.M I have to keep a close eye that I do not hit some as I am pulling into different Arms and me and my wife had to pick up three that where in the main lake right by the dam with huge hooks on them and in clear 2 liter bottles. This was on a hot summer day with a ton of people skiing and tubing all over the place. I feel that with anuthing if you do it right there will be no problem. Have fun and be careful.