25 Pound Brown Caught

One of Lilleys' resort guests caught a 25 and change pound brown drifting orange and chartruse powerbait below the conservation ramp, at Cooper Creek, last evening.

Megan, Phil's daughter, emailed me the pic's to post, but I couldn't get them to come up at the proper size to post. I will try and get one of the office girls to post name and pics.

Unfortunatly fish this size, seem not to make it back to the water after a fatal mistake. ie Eating Powerbait.

Megan reports the guest is going to "Get it Stuffed". Apparently didn't know about replicas. Said he wished he had known.

I'm sure more details to follow.

In 35 years on Taney, I can count on both hands the number of Browns I have caught on Powerbait. This is truely a miricle, if it is.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a giant fish.. there are more but I wonder if the fish would have survived if it was released..with the heat and Oxygen?? Powerbait seems like a natural choice for a giant brown trout :P

• Members

Wow, 25 lbs., that is a beast!! And on powerbait, I bet the lucky person thought they were hung up at first. My guess is it's about 35" long with a 22-23" girth. Can't wait to see a picture of the brute.

Jefly