Walleye In Upper Taney

Guest kevinkirk

Guest kevinkirk

I am interested in walleye fishing at Taneycomo. How high up has anyone caught them? Do they spawn in Taneycomo in the spring? What do you use to catch them?

Guest kevinkirk

I guess my question would also be WHY there is not a huge walleye population in Taney as up north, they do so well inthe cold rivers? Any ideas? Does anyone target them at all or is this all trout fishing. DOnt get me wrong, I am an avid fly fisherman and will wantto do that most of the time when I mo there but the walleye question bugs me. kk

and leonard, thanks for the note..not sure how you did that but it was kewl popping up on my screen.

Would a SeaArk boat and jet outboard be good for use on Taneycomo? If so, how far up can you go in NORMAL conditions. Far enough to fly fish?

Kevin..

Look up at the top right of the screen.. and you will see this... ******* My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends · 0 New Messages *******

it should show #'s New Messages

click on that and you can go right into your PM box and just do it like you would and normal e-mail

Leonard

Guest kevinkirk
Kevin..

Look up at the top right of the screen.. and you will see this... ******* My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · My Friends · 0 New Messages *******

it should show #'s New Messages

click on that and you can go right into your PM box and just do it like you would and normal e-mail

Leonard

I hope to move down there next year, Leonard and would love to fish with you. I am 52 and have fished and hunted all my life with great success. Can adapt to any stream, lake or river fishing and LOVE to flyfish. Just back from Colorado and hammered them when no one else was catching a thing. Was so funny and rewarding too. Reading water and conditions is the key of course. I just seem to know now where to go and what to use. Weird deal.

I want to buy a new boat like a Sea Ark as they are nice and wide. Thot i wanted another fiberglas bass boat but now with the rivers there, think aluminum is better deal. And a jet prop on outboard etc. Looks idea. to me. Thinking smaller horsepower due to gas prices.

walleye often are found in more murky/darker water. Walleye are not very fast swimmers, and often rely on "sneak attacks" to get their pray. Their huge eyes help them see better than most fish in their environments. Thus walleye would have difficulties in the clear waters of Taney.

. Thus walleye would have difficulties in the clear waters of Taney.

then somebody might want to tell them that..

Because they are still there!!

we caught 3 more so far this weekend :=D:

But your right Dennis..

Walleye are very rarely caught in Taneycomo.,... Although this year has been a AWESOME year for the "eyes" on Taneycomo

Leonard

Guest kevinkirk

Thanks guys, I am learning a lot. So from the bridge downstream, I have looked at the water from the bank, but have no idea how deep it i sor how cold? Can you describe it for me. How bout in front of the landing?>

How bout down in the next big curve of the lake?

How bout down at bull creek ?

If you can kinda tell me how the water changes as you go down stream. I know that below powersite they catch lots of diff fish. Can you talk about that a little for me. I am trying tolearn here.

It looks like that it might be deep enough all along the lake to be dark down deep and good walleye cover, like along the bluffs, etc. ? But I have never beenon the water. Just flyfished up at the hatchery and then up to the wire?

So is the wire as far as you can wade upstram to fish? I did well on secret fly there every time I went. Bout one every ten casts and lots of big browns. Also, how do you know when the water is going to come UP. Scares me when I am clear over on the other side of the river up to my waist and dont know what is going on, specially at night.