Best Fiberglass Jon Boat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Shawnee has moved to Walker Road in Mtn. Home just past Roller Funeral Home. Rob Williams is new owner--phone number is the same I think. 870-449-6373 cell number is 870-404-9791.

The number is actually 870-449-6373 or 870-404-9791

The "best" is whichever one you can use the most. I would rather have a $200 boat I can use 300 days per year than a 10, 000 boat I can use 5 days a year.... I have 5 boats.... no wonder I have trouble on the job.....

g

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

That is a surprise about Supreme. I know they were a relatively new company but had hoped they would survive.

I know Ranger is limping along. Taxidermist do you know how many boats they are manufacturing in a week now?

Ranger is under 50% of last year I was told. I sure dont see the truck hualing loads of boats out like last year.

supreme has been sold several times and IMO I dont see how they were making it. $2000. higher than the other boats. Plus you know most of the river boats looked alike until the Top Water came along.

Its not all that expenseive to build a mold for a river boat. Frame up some fomica and lay some glass and resin on it.

I am checking into the boats to see if the dealer own them or they are on the lots on consignment. I heard two stories on it so dont know which one is right.

Hey Taxi,

Have you heard anything about warranty work for the folks that bought Supremes recently?

My boat is past that point, but some folks might still have some coverage on paper at least.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

• Members

If you're in the market for a new boat you need to check out the new Shawnee's. They've started building a new boat with a flat floor that doesn't have the runners, but you can still get the ones with the runners. The price beats everyone else hands down and like I mentioned before---these boats will be here when the others have faded such as the Supremes have now. I know I sound like a salesman for Shawnee, but I'm not--I just believe they are the best out there and always have been.

I think the warranty work is a thing of the past from what I have heard. Noone to do it they business is defunt.

This is fact. Factory is closed/doors locked. I just sold the supreme I won in the 2009 tourney. Bet it was one of the last ones they made. Brought $6700, but was set up for a jet which is useless to me. called to have it modified for prop motor and chad told me the doors were closed.

ANyway, I'm in the market for a new boat. Like the looks of the topwater, but it is only 44 inches wide which is just a little wider than my 2000 series supreme, so not much of an upgrade. Around $6500 boat & trailer. Also been looking at the #1 guide series built by roy & harley carlsen. they are basically a supreme L48 as roy built the original supreme mold. probably about the same price range depending on what you get put into on on them. The thing that makes these boats so much are those ez loader trailers. They are basically $1500 or so, which i think is high for such a small trailer. I mean we are only talking a 500 pound boat. I have had my last two trailers built for around $600, so may try to go that way again. What are the shawnees running price wise right now. Are they building a 60 inch boat? It used to be the commisary model I think.