Ccw Permits

jdmidwest

I have an AR permit and I carry every where I go. My wife is disabled and if we are confronted by bad guys we cannot run. Our only option is to stand and fight. That's why I carry.

Amen!

Dano

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's my understanding that the non-resident Florida CCW has reciprocity in more states than any other state offers. You might want to check on that to be sure, but I used to be in law enforcement and that was the standard. Everyone I worked with had a Florida non-resident.

Michael J. Mooney IV

Center Director

Brain Balance of Edwardsville

"Ohhh, you thought we were on vacation!? Sorry honey, this is a FISHING TRIP! Welcome to the family."

Missouri"s new castle law says you can use deadly force for intruders in your home or vehicle . Before you had to have no escape and feel that your life was in danger before using deadly force. Now someone comes into your home you can fire away without all the if's. Someone breaks into your car in the middle of the night you can shoot them. I know this is getting away from the CCW issue, but I dont think castle law applies when not in your home or vehicle. Just somthing to think about before pulling a gun on somebody in the middle of the woods.

Dennis Boothe

Joplin Mo.

For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing

in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

~ Winston Churchill ~

• Members

my brother just got his ccw and it was $135.00 at a gun shop in imperial mo. his instructor recomends getting registered in~~i believe he said the state of utah~~ it is cheeper and the permit is good for longer than mo. plus your license is good in the same amount of states as mo. i haven't talked to him in awhile but i believe that is what he said. i think the gun shop is called top gun in imperial mo.

Denjac, you would only be justified if someone was threatening your life. I carry in the outdoors mainly to deter dogs or a signaling device if I get hurt. For the most part, I only carry a 22. With the possibilities of bears now, maybe a larger caliber would be in order. In Alaska, you could conceal carry outdoors any where without a permit or license. I would like to see that around here and I would not even need a CCW permit.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• 4 weeks later...

Getting ready to get mine after deer season. Kirkwood outfitters offers the class for $125 and that includes everything. They have a class on 11/13, but then the range class is opening weekend of deer season!

Fish On!

Mike Utt

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift from God, that’s why its called the Present!”

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" - Ronald Reagan

Member: www.ozarkflyfishers.org

• Members

I am in springfield mo and i got my ccw a few months ago. it was $100 for the class $100 for the sheriffs dep and $12 for a NonDrivers license,( it is recomend to get a non drivers license so pepole need to see your id they dont freek out knowing you have a gun on you when they see your drivers license) it is a minum of 8 hours class and you have to shoot a human target at 7 yrds 30 rounds with a revolver and 30 rounds in a semi auto it can be as small as a 22lr or a 44mag, i would recomend if you are spending that much money to just use a small caliber so you know you can pass the test with no problems.

I did some checking this week and classes are booked solid for quite some time now. Everyone is rushing to get it done before Jay Nixon repeals it.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Be careful how you interpret the Castle Law.

SECTION 563.031

In addition to other restrictions on the use of physical force, a person is also prohibited from using force against another to defend him/herself or a third person if such person was attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after committing a forcible felony.

In addition to other circumstances when deadly force may be used, a person may use deadly force against an individual who unlawfully enters, remains, or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle lawfully occupied by the person or to protect himself or herself against death, serious injury, or any forcible felony.

This section states that a person does not have a duty to retreat from a dwelling, residence, or vehicle where the person is not entering or remaining unlawfully.

It specifically talks about "occupied" by the person (victim).

blue line.png

• 4 months later...

Took the class at Village Trading Post in Arnold. Was $95 and the instructor (Hank Frank) was interesting and after we qualified at the range, we stayed and shot another 100 rounds. I live in St. Louis County, so now I have to take the certificate the STL Co HQ in Clayton, pay a $76 fee and they mail you the permit.........and then you have to take it to the license bureau and update your drivers license or get a seperate CCW card. Was definitely worth going to the class.

Fish On!

Mike Utt

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift from God, that’s why its called the Present!”

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" - Ronald Reagan

Member: www.ozarkflyfishers.org