My Best Crack At A Fishing Report.

jasond

• Members

Well we fished Friday from 2 pm-6pm. We caught 21 keeper whites. All of them around Thibault Point. We also caught a few short LM. We used white and white/red 1/6th oz. Rooster tails. This was our best day by far.

Saturday began with alot of fog and high hopes, but both faded fast. We went up the Tebo around T6 marker in a few coves in that area. We fished from 7am-noon in this area and had maybe 4 LM shorts all on either a jig or white/chart spinner bait. We fished the whole cove, front to extreme back. My buddy caught two nice whites with the white/chart spinner bait. One measured 15.5 inches. We were very dissappointed in the LM fishing, but I attribute most of that to my own lack of skills. We then went down around KK island with no luck, the water in the area of lake looked like choc. milk. The Tebo had more of a light stain. We ate lunch and ended the day looking for whites. With no wind they were tough to find. We ended the day with only 6 keeper whites.

Sunday was a much clearer weather day but we had wind. We went looking for LM past T6 in the Tebo arm in the two coves west of the islands immediately past the T8 marker. Caught maybe 6 short LM on a jig and spinnerbait. We caught on LM on a buzzbait early. Much of the same as the day before. We went for lunch at LongShoal, the philly sand. is great by the way. After lunch we tried the banks to the west of Longshoal all the way down to the bridge. The wind was howling and crashing the north banks. There were about 8 boats in the area all doing the same thing looking for whites, but we only caught 3 keepers. At about 1:30 pm we decided to head back towards Sterret because we had to pull the boat out by 4 pm. Again we fished around the Thibault Point and caught another 10 keeper whites to end our day. Thibault Point was our whole trip, the gentleman at Sterret put us on that area. Much thanks to him.

Anyway, a bad day fishing is better than working. It was fun just being on the water. This was my second trip to Truman and I realize I have much to learn. This was my last trip of the year, I'll spend the winter getting a few things straight on the boat, to get it ready for a spring weekend at Truman. I hope this might help someone as I have used many tips from this site to help me. Good Luck. Jason.

Great report! We don't hear much about Truman fishing, not near enough anyway. I went to the Sac River Monday and caught a lot of small whites and crappie, water temps were about 65 to 67. Did end up with four nice crappie and two nice whites. this area should get better as the water temps drop into the 50's and we don't get a major flood out of this rain headed this way. Good Luck!

That was a good report. I was down on Sat and Sun and fished in the Long Shoal area. As you said without the wind Sat they were hard to find. On Sunday though we did great from 7:30 to 10:00 am. My son and I stayed on one point, because no boat, and the fish were coming fast enough to keep us there. It did seem like they would move out and another school would move in as they would turn off for 20 min or so then we would pick up 3 or 4 more. In all about 15 for me and between 5 and 10 for him. But he took the cake by catching 2 whites at once. I was Fly fishing with a popper and a small streamer dropped off of the back. So I tied a streamer on the back hook of his tiny torpedo and on his 2nd cast he landed 2 small whites at once. He smiled for at least a half an hour non stop.

Im not a Cardinals fan, but I am a Cardinal. If you know me you know what that means.