OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
redbird

11-3 Report

I fished for 2 hrs today from noon to two. Not the best 2 hrs of the day to fish necessarily but it didnt matter today. The wind was really coming in from the south so I headed right to some points with great southern exposure (between the hwy 7 bridge and the long shoal swimming beach. I was on foot so that was the only area I hit, I got 15 whites and kept 6 nice big ones. They were hitting a small yellow and white clouser minnow dropped about 18 inches behind a cork bodied popper. I was fly fishing. Short trip, but a lot of fun.

I fished for 2 hrs today from noon to two. Not the best 2 hrs of the day to fish necessarily but it didnt matter today. The wind was really coming in from the south so I headed right to some points with great southern exposure (between the hwy 7 bridge and the long shoal swimming beach. I was on foot so that was the only area I hit, I got 15 whites and kept 6 nice big ones. They were hitting a small yellow and white clouser minnow dropped about 18 inches behind a cork bodied popper. I was fly fishing. Short trip, but a lot of fun.

Good job. I went on Sunday afternoon, wading between the boat ramp and old Point 15. All I caught were some small Kentuckies. No whites at all. A week earlier, on a day when the wind was strong from the NW, hybrids where hitting where the waves broke on the dam riprap.

Good job. I went on Sunday afternoon, wading between the boat ramp and old Point 15. All I caught were some small Kentuckies. No whites at all. A week earlier, on a day when the wind was strong from the NW, hybrids where hitting where the waves broke on the dam riprap.

What did you catch your hybrids on? I am going to be down for a 3 day trip with my brother next week. I hope we get some good wind, and it seems like the size of the fish might get bigger if the weather cools off a little. This time of year sometimes the worse the weather the better the fishing.

What did you catch your hybrids on? I am going to be down for a 3 day trip with my brother next week. I hope we get some good wind, and it seems like the size of the fish might get bigger if the weather cools off a little. This time of year sometimes the worse the weather the better the fishing.

I used a chartreuse twistertail on a 1/4-ounce leadhead. Something fairly heavy that I could sling into the wind. Reeled it straight back in like a crankbait.