Heated Docks

bigdub

• Members

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone is aware of any heated docks on Table Rock, my father and I are looking for a backup place when it gets colder. I have seen uite a few on Lake of the Ozarks, but are alot closer to Table Rock, any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time

A fool with a plan is always better than a genius with NO PLAN!!!!

• Fishing Buddy

None that I know of at all.. Don't even think the marinas have then.. Pretty much on your own down here.. But a cheap propain heater and go for it..

Good Fishing

Capt. Don

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake and Taneycomo Lake
Branson MO

branson%20fishing%20guide%20service1.gif

Branson Fishing Guide Service Website

Pro Staff for G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling Motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Ardent Reels, Seaguar, Berkley-Fishing

I'm originally from Texas and we used to fish a couple of indoor docks at Lake Ray Hubbard when we were boatless. Don't recall if they were heated, but certainly helped ward off the elements. Lots of places to fish on the outside, but you could always come in, too. We also fished one at Lake Lavon near Garland, Texas and one at Lake Lewisville. A lot of people crappie fished on the docks, but I would make up some dough bait and fish for carp because they got so dang big and it was a fun pull. Caught a 5 lb bass at the Lavon dock with my dough ball. :) Oh, also caught a duck. That was scary. For the duck, too. Guess I had cast up shallow and he was diving for whatever ducks dive for and got my dough ball. Managed to release him unharmed. Caught a few small gar doing that, too. I'd rather catch a duck. lol

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of any since I've been to Arkansas / Missouri.

Donna Gilzow

Bella Vista, Arkansas

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

--John Buchan, 1915

Donna G.

You ever think about being a writer for some outdoor magazine? Your posts are always interesting and tell a great story. Champ scored the jackpot when he netted you.

Tim Carpenter

So a heated dock is a dock inside a heated shelter? I lived a great deal of my life in Intl Falls, MN and never heard of one. Sounds like a great place to have a barbecue!

Tim Carpenter

Donna G.

You ever think about being a writer for some outdoor magazine? Your posts are always interesting and tell a great story. Champ scored the jackpot when he netted you.

Actually, I have. I love to write and love story telling. It helps that Champ188 is a newspaper editor and freelances some, too. He's taught me a lot. Check out the CPAA magazine when it finally arrives. I have a column in there. I'm almost famous. lol

Donna Gilzow

Bella Vista, Arkansas

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

--John Buchan, 1915

I think Mutton Creek Marina at Stockton has a heated crappie dock. Give them a call and let us know.

There used to be 1 or 2 of 'em up at Pomme too. I think one was at or near 83 Marina. My dad took me to one at Pomme when I was a kid. He said we didn't stay long because of all the weirdos in the place! Pack some heat and you'll be all right.

When I was growing up (back in the 80's), we used to fish the heated docks down on Grand Lake. They had a woodburning stove, and you would bring your own wood. Just drop a jig down into the cedars through the cut-out in the middle and... BANG! It used to get toasty in there and we would catch our limit of huge crappie nearly every time we went (as I remember). I doubt they use a woodburning stove these days... I would imagine they have passed some kind of law or something against it-- for safety issues.

Whack'em

"Success builds confidence, and you have to learn to trust your instincts and forget about fishing the way a tournament is supposed

to be won. I'm going to fish my style and make it work for me." -KEVIN VANDAM

"Confidence is the best lure in your tackle box." -GERALD SWINDLE

"A-Rig? Thanks, but no thanks. If I can't catch them on the conventional tackle that I already use, then I guess I just can't catch them." -LK (WHACK'EM)