This Weekend.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody has to use the same fly. We provide them and you buy them. ;)

The one fly is on Sunday, the 28th.

Oh yeah, the fly is a secret. So don't be askin' me what it be this year! lol

"Its clearly Bree time baby!"

Member: 2009 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Czech Republic. 7th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Slovakia. 4th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed The America Cup. 4th Place Team

AHHHH!!!!!!!!! I was a popsicle out there this morning!

The fishing was slow, and I only saw 2 other people fishing all day. I went to the Dam and Marval. It was so cold and so in turn my reaction time got slower. I could barely hook fish. I got about 15 I think was my ending number.

Member: 2009 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Czech Republic. 7th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed The America Cup. 4th Place Team

I decided to finish my Christmas shopping this morning, and then spent the rest of the day on the couch in front of a big fire. Is the one-fly at the gravel parking lot near the dam and what time does it start ? B) Dan-o

RELEASE THOSE BROWNIES!!

Yup! You got the right place.

Yup! You got the right place.

Hey Zach,

Can you tell us the rules and regs on this one fly event? Do you have a judge with every fisherman to measure fish? Thanks

laker, this contest is just a gathering of friends. We don't do this like a FIPS Mouche competition.

We go on the honors system. If somebody isn't truthful we just let it wear down on their minds for a year... Guess thats all that we can do.

laker, this contest is just a gathering of friends. We don't do this like a FIPS Mouche competition.

We go on the honors system. If somebody isn't truthful we just let it wear down on their minds for a year... Guess thats all that we can do.

Zach,

Thanks! Sounds like a fun event. Hope you have decent weather on the 28th. Post the results along with the secret fly choice. I'm sure others on here would interested in the end results. Good fishing to you.

I got to go out on the 20th about mid-day. It was VERY cold! It was a slow day for my friend and I. I guess I wasnt holding my mouth right because I left having only caught 2!! Its been a long time since Id left catching fewer than 10! I tried bead-heads, jigs of various colors, san juans, dry flies...nothing really worked. The weekend before (13th and 14th) I couldnt get them off my line fast enough! They were hitting anything chartreuse those days. Hopefully the next time Im down that way Ill have better luck. Ill probably move around more too instead of staying in one pool!

This one fly tournament sounds really interesting. How would I find out more information?

"The difference between fly fishers and worm dunkers is the quality of their excuses." -Anonymous

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." -by Paul O'Neil

Sounds like a great time, I'll be there it will be my last stop on a holiday fishing tour; Montauk, Tany, lower Illinois. :D

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.