Give Me A Long/Cricket Creekreport

markg

• Members

I'll be coming down on Sunday. What's the water like in the Long/Cricket Creek area. Never been here in low water. Anyone catching crappie around there. We usually put in at Gage's. Thanks for the help.

• Root Admin

March 17, 2006

Water Level--904.1--rising slowly

Water Temperature--53 degrees

Water Condition--stained

Crappie---This has been a very good winter for crappie fishing all over Table Rock. The size of crappie has improved greatly over the previous few years.

Crappie are being caught suspended in the tree lines south of the dock. Fish a jig or a live minnow 6 to 12 feet deep in 20 to 25 feet of water.

Black bass are hitting crank baits on secondary points in the creeks. Look for chunk rock points to be most productive.

Hard to say what this rain and more this week will do between now and this weekend. I doubt if many will be fishing down there this week because of the cold weather. The crappie won't go far though.

Stop at the marina at Cricket and talk to Mark. He should be able to tell you what's going on- up to the minute.

Marc- we look forward to your report when you return home!! Hope it's a good one!

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Members

Leaving tomoroow to come to Table Rock....hope the crappie are on. Does anyone have some ideas where I can drop my boat/trailer for the week from March 31-April 8. Leaving one resort...coming back to work..then returning at a different resort. It would help if I could store it instead of trailering it for the extra 1000 miles.

markg...

Leave me the keys and I'll be happy to store your boat in my front yard for you.. (FREE.. No charge)

Plus I be sure to keep the bugs out of the engine for you..LOL

P.S. I have a big garage that it can be stored in.. and I live less then 2 miles from Gages.. I can see them right across the lake from my house.