Santa Was Very Good To Me A New Rod !

timsfly

Santa was very nice to me this year, see it pays to be good :)PHILLIPSON - DON. 6'0". BORON. 2/1. #3. 2 oz. Medium/Fast. Cork Dual Ring S/B. Slate. Charcoal. Custom made in 1975 by Don Phillips. A Truly unique and patented rod design and approach to working with Boron as a rod material. The fibers were hand laid on a wire mandrel and the entire rod shaft was hand built. Made with tiny Leonard N/S ferrules and a very thin diameter rod shaft. The reel seat is made with cork and a nice set of Dual Rings. Serial #071 and signed with Don's initials lettered on the rod. Fished, but well cared for. In the original bag and aluminum case. Made only for several years from about the mid 1970's to the early 80's. Very, very strong collector rod and a wonderful rod to fish with. These are lifetime rods.

I have wanted one of these since I was a kid, soft sweet the extra tip, will make a heck of a dry fly rod or a small creek rod, should be good when sight fishing also.

So see it pays to be good when santa is listning :)

post-296-1230170064_thumb.jpg

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

www.missouritrout.com/timsflyshop

Very nice Tim! I suppose about Friday, you will be trying it on for size. I still have 3 old "park rods". One 6 footer and two seven footers. I owned a Browning Boron way back when, but I wasn't smart enough to hang on to it. Congrats on the rod and I hope it fishes well for you.

I would love to fish friday, but it isn't going to happen, spent 6 hrs in urgent care yesterday because of a Kidney stone, and

still don't feel very whoopy.

Duane is going to work for me on fri, and maybe sat, but I plan of fishing with it on sun, and monday, good lord willing maybe a few times more thru the week.

Hate this kidney stone, it has already passed but it still hurts like the dickens.

So I'm down to just reading the wonderful posts that come in, so everbody get out and fish and let me know about it.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

Way to go Tim! If anybody would treasure a rod like that, It'd be you I would think. I had kidney stones once and asked the wife if this was what labor felt like! Thanks for responding to my posts and like I'd said before, I'll drop in and say hello. Merry Christmas!

HUMAN RELATIONS MANAGER @ OZARK FISHING EXPEDITIONS

Santa was very nice to me this year, see it pays to be good :)PHILLIPSON - DON. 6'0". BORON. 2/1. #3.

Congrats to crossing over to the dark side....... :D

Got to remember to ask to see it next time up.

Dano

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"

The Dark side :) man I crossed the creek years ago, this is my 9th 6' 4//5wt fiberglass fly rod, I also have an old wintson 5'3" 3 wt that is a blast when the fish are hitting smaller flies

I own 1 6' fenglass, 1 of the 5'3' fenglass, two to the Lee Wulff Conolon fly rods, several heddons, tru-tempers, I have an old abercrombie and fitch 4'9" 10pc fly/spin pack rod, it is

a hoot, I fish it once in awhile for something different.

My favorite old Creek rod is a solid 6 1/2 wonderrod, you could hold a car up whith this thing but it will still throw 5 or 6 wt line pretty good, so you see I'm on the other side of the dark side :)

I love my fiberglass and bamboo.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

That's a sweet looking rod.

"Where There Are Trout, There's Hope" - John Gierach

The Dark side :) man I crossed the creek years ago, this is my 9th 6' 4//5wt fiberglass fly rod,

Then sir, you are truly the Sensei of the Dark Side :D

My favorite is this custom Phillipson 6'5" 4/5 wt once owned by Bob Brunsell (developer of the Lil Streamer rod).

post-11-1230222411_thumb.jpg

post-11-1230222466_thumb.jpg

Glass Has Class

I like that Yellow rod with the red wraps, which rod is that ?

They used a lot different colors (brighter) back in the 50' 60' and 70's than they do today.

I've got a 9pc lamiglas fibergass rod that is wraped a lot like that yellow rod.

Tim Homesley

23387 st. hwy 112

Cassville, Mo 65625

Roaring River State park

Tim's Fly Shop

Tim

I am not sure what Phillipson blank it actually is. Does have internal ferrules, its a 2 piece and is custom, obviously not a factory rod, and has only one tip. I do know it was owned by Bob Brunsell who wrote the Brunsell Chronicles. Outside of that I don't know any more. It's a fine casting rod. I use it at RR alot. I will drop by and let you give a look next time up that way. I like to pair it with a Medalist or the old Orivs Madison I have that was made in Fayetteville, Ar in the erly 70's.

Here is something from out of the past for Phillipson fans.

post-11-1230239867_thumb.jpg

Glass Has Class