The Depths To Which A ~real~ Fly Fisherman Will Go...

ksbass

• Members

On the lighter side of funny... I watched a guy walk down to the stream and vigorously wash his fly box in the water. Puzzled, I had to ask why... He grinned and said that he had faced a real dilemma just minutes before when he was in the port-a-john and dropped his flybox in the pit! He said he just couldn't leave $100 worth of flies in there. Thus he did what any real fly fisherman would have done!

Check out our line of furled leaders at Dad and Em's Fishing Products!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAaaahhh Poop!

Now they all smell like powerbait!

Good thing it was a FLOATER!

I wonder if they are all stained blue now?

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

— Hunter S. Thompson

Wow.

I can't believe -

And it fell -

And he -

Wow. Just....Wow.

NOTE TO SELF: Fly box stays in car during potty break.

Paul Rone

On the lighter side of funny... I watched a guy walk down to the stream and vigorously wash his fly box in the water. Puzzled, I had to ask why... He grinned and said that he had faced a real dilemma just minutes before when he was in the port-a-john and dropped his flybox in the pit! He said he just couldn't leave $100 worth of flies in there. Thus he did what any real fly fisherman would have done!

a "REAL" flyfisherman wouldn't walk all the way to the porta-john.....he'd fish 'til he couldn't see straight anymore, wade to the bank, toss his rod gently in the weeds and frantically shuck his vest, rip off the wading belt and drop the waders to his knees .... streamside. After the big exhale he then checks to be sure the coast is clear. :)

That guy was obviously a poser... :lol:

I usually get busted by people on the hiking trail across the river. :blush: Dan-o

RELEASE THOSE BROWNIES!!

I was looking over the zippered waders and the zippers don't go down far enough. I mean, I don't know how well you guys are equipped....but I'm pretty sure I'd still have to drop the shoulder straps and pull them down to take a leak.

Reminds me of that story about the old farmer that just reached in and pulled out the side of his overalls.....

We are derailing at a tremendous rate...aren't we

The side? I usually just untie mine and let it hang out the cuff of my overall legs...

(Just thought I'd help with the derailment...)

Reminds me of the time DD and I were fishing and decided to go up on the dam and cross over... He said he needed to take a leak, so he went over to the Table Rock side and let it hang off the side... That made me need to go, so I bellied up several feet down from Ducky. Duane finally says to me, "Dang that water's cold!!!"

Of course, I replied, "Yeah, and it's DEEP TOO!!!!"

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

The side? I usually just untie mine and let it hang out the cuff of my overall legs...

(Just thought I'd help with the derailment...)

Reminds me of the time DD and I were fishing and decided to go up on the dam and cross over... He said he needed to take a leak, so he went over to the Table Rock side and let it hang off the side... That made me need to go, so I bellied up several feet down from Ducky. Duane finally says to me, "Dang that water's cold!!!"

Of course, I replied, "Yeah, and it's DEEP TOO!!!!"

Now, knowing fisherman as I think I do, you subtract about 3 inches from the length of the fish they say they caught, and with online stories you divide by 3, so...I notice none of the wives have commented...

I just want to say that you guys have it easy! You could always use some duct tape, a funnel, some tubing, and a plastic bottle...only have to leave after 2 liters. :lol: May I suggest a Mountain Dew bottle?

This is EXACTLY why women wait 4 hours to go to the restroom, and then go in pairs. It's so we can just throw everything at the other person to watch while the one who is about to bust first can GO! It's also why I have boots, not waders. :lol:

And now, to get back on track...wait, where were we headed?

I can bring home the trout...fry it up in a pan...and never let you forget I caught it! 'Cause I'm a woman!

Now, knowing fisherman as I think I do, you subtract about 3 inches from the length of the fish they say they caught, and with online stories you divide by 3, so...I notice none of the wives have commented...

I just want to say that you guys have it easy! You could always use some duct tape, a funnel, some tubing, and a plastic bottle...only have to leave after 2 liters. :lol: May I suggest a Mountain Dew bottle?

This is EXACTLY why women wait 4 hours to go to the restroom, and then go in pairs. It's so we can just throw everything at the other person to watch while the one who is about to bust first can GO! It's also why I have boots, not waders. :lol:

And now, to get back on track...wait, where were we headed?

Hmmm, looks like a good place to mention to my fellow fisherladies the "SHEEWEE". I think the inventor of this apparatus deserves a "Brilliant!"

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

The two best times to go fishing? When it is raining and when it is not.