How Meny People Do We Have Here That Fish Beaver?

jay bird

I was just wondering how meny people we have that are going to be fishing Beaver lake this year. In the last couple of years we seem to have some more people posting reports which is great. I try to report when possible or when I am lucky enough to get into fish. On Beaver my main fish is Striper, but I also have noticed an increase in some great SMB fishing up around the Dam side of the lake. Was just wondering who is going to be fishing this year, what they will be fishing for, and to not be shy to post a report.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fish it...my in-laws live in monett. I think it's an easier drive than tr.

usually launch out of indian creek. this year i'm going to use the ventris ramp more and fish the mid-lake area more.

i typically fish for white bass in early spring in the back of indian creek.

black bass fish rest of the time. mostly with a tube, eakins jig or c-rig.

i go periodically at night and throw big crankbaits for stripers.

• Members

Used to fish mid lake to the dam a lot when on vacation over the years. I retired couple of years ago and we bought acreage on the White between 412 highway and point 12. Started fishing the upper end and find I like it better than mid lake.

Fish for stripers all winter but in the warm months I chase most everything from one end to the other.

Making Beaver Lake safe for all the little fish...one striper at a time.

Funny that you mention ventris. Took the family for a ride a couple of weeks ago and went and checked it out. No dock, a very do able ramp. I was also thinking of trying to fish a little different part of the lake. I live in Cassville so either TR or Beaver is about the same distance. Have to admit that going to Indian is hard to beat it is a really easy drive and I have always done fairly well around the dam. I have done the white bass in the back of Indian, but last year did not do as well as I have in years past.

i wish they had a courtesy dock. i started going down there after fishing with ed chapko. we fished around the mouth of ventris...the islands around prairie creek and down by the fish hatchery. casting redfins mostly...that's why i still go at night every now and then.

i've done well in the mid lake area the handful of times that i've went down there. but like you say...indian creek is so convenient...and the fishing is pretty good, so usually i go there.

but hopefully this year i'll try ventris more often

quillback -- it's pretty easy pickins if you're up there at the right time...can use just about anything.

good luck and i hope we get more beaver reports...thanks

Last Year I bought a place in Lost Bridge Area and will be fishing Beaver as often as I can. I have only started to learn the Lwr Lake (Rocky Branch to the Dam). Have been targeting Stripers with a little bass fishing. Looking fwd to more crappie fishing this spring. Will post after my trips.

I went up the Indian creek cove last spring, the water was up so I could not ge back in all the way, but I did not see a creek back there, do the whites hang out in the cove in front of the creek before moving up and I assume spawning in the creek?

When you go back there you will see a Dock on the left hand side, this is the last dock on the arm. I have caught whites from just before the dock to all the way in the back. For some reason they really like a white road runner with an orange head on it. Have tried different lures and this one seems to work the best. One of the first time up there we watched two old guys in an old jon boat that looked like it was about to sink load the boat with white bass. They had old poles with zebco reels and looked to be about 20# test line on. We caught some, but did not have a roadrunner in the boat. After watching these guys load the boat got some road runners and started doing better. One afternoon went back there and had about 12 in the boat and me and my neighbor ( who was in a different boat) decided to head back. I stopped at a windy point and he headed on to the ramp. I got into a great hybrid topwater bite and added two over 6# hybrids to the live well and got broke off by a really nice striper. All in all a great afternoon fishing trip.

In Indian Creek, I have never gone up much past the power lines. How much farther are you going back to white bass/crappie fish. Also, when do crappie usually get shallow with spawning in Lwr end of Beaver. Is this early April?? Thanks