The Start Of Something Bigger, Let Me Know What You Think.

TroutFearMe

This is a very rough draft of somthing that has been on my mind for a long time. Le me know what you think.

TroutBum

A View Inside the Mind of a Fellow Flyfisherman

For many years I have been asked “why to you take your fishing to the extreme”, and my answer is always the same “because its fun”, but deep down inside you know there is more to it then “its just fun”. There are days when I wish I never tied a size 20 elk hair caddis fly onto the end of my line, further more I wish I never had the bright idea to try my luck at fly fishing but I did and I loved it. While most people would rather spend there days sitting on the couch watching the next greatest hit on t.v. or better yet go to the big brick and morter buidings we call malls and spend an entire day tring to impress ourselves with the latest and greatest fashion. But for a very select group of people we know there is some place we would rather be for we are Trout bums a self appointed title that we gave ourselves hell there has even been movies made about us, but I myself would rather live the adventure then just sit back and watch someone show me how its done. But how do we know if we have crossed into the next level, or why deep down inside we feel the river is always calling us back for another round, or for that matter how do we explain why we fish the way we do, last time I checked we still put are waders on the same way well I hope I can shed some light on the subject as we take this journey together. Now I am not going to sit here and write this with the intensions that I know more then you or I am better then you, but I am going to give you a glimpse into the mind of someone that feels so deeply about chasing an creature with a brain the size of a peanut but has frustrated one of the most intelligent creatures for thousands of years.

This is a very rough draft of somthing that has been on my mind for a long time. Le me know what you think.

TroutBum

A View Inside the Mind of a Fellow Flyfisherman

For many years I have been asked “why to you take your fishing to the extreme”, and my answer is always the same “because its fun”, but deep down inside you know there is more to it then “its just fun”. There are days when I wish I never tied a size 20 elk hair caddis fly onto the end of my line, further more I wish I never had the bright idea to try my luck at fly fishing but I did and I loved it. While most people would rather spend there days sitting on the couch watching the next greatest hit on t.v. or better yet go to the big brick and morter buidings we call malls and spend an entire day tring to impress ourselves with the latest and greatest fashion. But for a very select group of people we know there is some place we would rather be for we are Trout bums a self appointed title that we gave ourselves hell there has even been movies made about us, but I myself would rather live the adventure then just sit back and watch someone show me how its done. But how do we know if we have crossed into the next level, or why deep down inside we feel the river is always calling us back for another round, or for that matter how do we explain why we fish the way we do, last time I checked we still put are waders on the same way well I hope I can shed some light on the subject as we take this journey together. Now I am not going to sit here and write this with the intensions that I know more then you or I am better then you, but I am going to give you a glimpse into the mind of someone that feels so deeply about chasing an creature with a brain the size of a peanut but has frustrated one of the most intelligent creatures for thousands of years.

Wow, that is right on. I must admit I am not a fly fisherman, but the feeling is the same. Everyone I know constantly asks me why I am always fishing, (one year I kept track, I fished 102 days a year). When I took up fishing ten years ago, I was just after the fish. Now I realize that is not why I go anymore, but I go just for what I see around, the sound of the stream, the wildlife around me, and just everything else. My favorite stream (right now), is Little Piney Creek, a stream that I have never even caught a trout from just yet. But really it is more than all that, and that is the part I can't describe, the reason why every day when I wake up, I either go fishing, or wish I could go fishing. I may never figure out the reason.