Anybody Fished It Lately?

I've been spending most of my time fishing a winter trout lake for the past few months, so I've been kind of neglecting the Bourbeuse. With this new stretch of warm weather, is anyone getting some bass or catfish? If so, what are they hitting on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We fished the bourbouse river all winter and did well just about everytime. The bass hole up in the deep slow moving holes and we have one that we murder the big ones in all winter. All catch and release.

We caught 6-8 18"+ smallies, many nice largemouth and some good kentuckies too. Here are some pics.

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

• Members

I to fish the Bourbeuse much of the year. I have a clubhouse down below Goodes Mill. I have caught many smallmouth between 16-20 inches, mainly in the spring of the year. Some of my best days on the river have been warm spells from this point in year up until the end of April. My personal best is a 3.75 lb 20 inch smallmouth caught on July 19th during the middle of a hot day. I have even caught a 3lb Wallaye in the spring. I love this little river, never know what you are going to catch.

I to fish the Bourbeuse much of the year. I have a clubhouse down below Goodes Mill. I have caught many smallmouth between 16-20 inches, mainly in the spring of the year. Some of my best days on the river have been warm spells from this point in year up until the end of April. My personal best is a 3.75 lb 20 inch smallmouth caught on July 19th during the middle of a hot day. I have even caught a 3lb Wallaye in the spring. I love this little river, never know what you are going to catch.

Sounds like the Bourbeuse is doing great. I might get down there and try to catch some smallies this weekend. I also might try to get a couple kentuckies for the frying pan too.

• Members
Sounds like the Bourbeuse is doing great. I might get down there and try to catch some smallies this weekend. I also might try to get a couple kentuckies for the frying pan too.

I am pretty sure that the season for all black bass in rivers is closed. See Link

"Joy to the fishes..."

The closed season means that you can't keep them, not that you can't fish for them. So it's C&R only on the bass.

Rob

WARNING!! Comments to be interpreted at own risk.

Time spent fishing is never wasted.

The closed season means that you can't keep them, not that you can't fish for them. So it's C&R only on the bass.

Rob

I'm glad you told me, I hadn't thought of that at all. I guess I will have to sacrifice keeping any spots, seems kinda silly that there is a closed season on spots with them being such an invasive species in the river. I might just have to take a couple of channel cats home instead.