Its Spring! Time To Float!

Chief Grey Bear

I can easily get myself and 4 others in my pickup and I'm sure I could strap one more canoe in the bed. I'm really looking forward to this float. It will be good to see everyone.

KCRIVERRAT, I'll find out if Emmanuel is going to make it or not. If not your welcome to take the front of my canoe. It would be my pleasure.

If fishing was easy it would be called catching.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can easily get myself and 4 others in my pickup and I'm sure I could strap one more canoe in the bed. I'm really looking forward to this float. It will be good to see everyone.

KCRIVERRAT, I'll find out if Emmanuel is going to make it or not. If not your welcome to take the front of my canoe. It would be my pleasure.

Thanks Buzz... I'll keep on the thread. Was wondering what CDC said about grouping up with the trucks. Wherever I need to meet you guys let me know. I've got a F-150 FX4 that will only hold five, unless the weathers so good someone wants to ride in the bed... ^_^ I'm hopeing the temps are in at least the 50's. My bionic neck don't like it much colder! I really want to put some names with faces though!

HUMAN RELATIONS MANAGER @ OZARK FISHING EXPEDITIONS

Thanks Buzz... I'll keep on the thread. Was wondering what CDC said about grouping up with the trucks. Wherever I need to meet you guys let me know. I've got a F-150 FX4 that will only hold five, unless the weathers so good someone wants to ride in the bed... ^_^ I'm hopeing the temps are in at least the 50's. My bionic neck don't like it much colder! I really want to put some names with faces though!

Grouping up with the trucks is a good idea. I think we can meet at Lime Kiln access a little early, maybe 8:30 am, and drop boats and everything there with someone staying with them and then take all of the other vehicles to the take out spot on Old Scenic Rd. with a couple of the trucks transporting everyone back to Lime Kiln. That should only leave a couple of trucks upstream so most can leave for home after the float ends. Does everyone agree with this option?????????????

I also am hoping the weather holds out. So far so good. :rolleyes:

Let me know what's going on guys!

We are good to go KCRR, you can take the front of my canoe. Keep watching this thread for updates. If anything comes up I'll PM you.

Barring torrential rains this week or next that turns the creek to chocolate or a total blowout I think we should be good to go.

Buzz

Looking forward to floating with you Buzz. This forum is so great... being able to meet a bunch of good old ozark boys who enjoy fishing and are nice enough to invite others to take part in their passion.

Looking forward to floating with you Buzz. This forum is so great... being able to meet a bunch of good old ozark boys who enjoy fishing and are nice enough to invite others to take part in their passion.

Me too. :D I haven't found any other forum that I have met anyone with the same passions for the Ozark waters. The OAF is the true jewel of the Ozarks,IMHO.

Our little get together seems to be getting bigger every time we setup a float. I think that is great. All are welcome to join our little S.W. Corner of Missouri Chapter of the O.A.F.

Buzz

P.S. I spoke to my oldest son tonight about the float. I hope he and my youngest ( almost 20 ) can make the float too.

My wife and girls are going to be gone so I'm good to go. Except she is taking my canoe hauling vehicle. I either have to find someone come along or strap that baby to the top of my Taurus. I'm sure my boss would love seeing a canoe strapped to the top of my company car, but sometimes you have to make some sacrifices. :lol:

My wife and girls are going to be gone so I'm good to go. Except she is taking my canoe hauling vehicle. I either have to find someone come along or strap that baby to the top of my Taurus. I'm sure my boss would love seeing a canoe strapped to the top of my company car, but sometimes you have to make some sacrifices. :lol:

Well, I'm sure what the boss doesn't know won't hurt him too much. :D If you need someone to ride along

with you we should be able to fix you up, I hope. If not maybe someone has an extra seat. We still have some time left.

We'll see what we can do. Which would you rather do?

Buzz

Mizzou squeezed one out against Marquette today. They now get Memphis on Thursday. TOUGH task! "IF" we win that one they play saturday. Hope no one minds watching me go through #@*! wondering what the score is on saturday! :woohehe: