My Girls Are Hooked On Dry Run Creek

trout junkie

• Members

It was just me and my 2 girls on a camping/canoeing/fishing trip last week to the Norfork tailwater and the North Fork of the White in MO. My 10 year old had some experience with a fly rod, but my 6 year old had yet to throw a fly line. Man did Dry Run Creek break her in! After catching several nice fish just below the hatchery, we noticed a very nice rainbow move into a choice lie below a big boulder. The fish stayed there for at least an hour or so and chased off other fish while it picked off food in the water column. Next we noticed that the water clarity had turned cloudy at best (I imagine one of the raceways was being flushed) and the fishing improved dramatically for the girls. My youngest dropped her egg pattern in front of the pig and the pig ate. I'll never forget the next 5-10 minutes! Thankfully another fisherman with his son happened to come by and offered to attempt to net the fish. He got the job done and it turned out to be an 8lb, 12 oz bow! (His net had a scale attached.) My daughter had been taking pics of my daughter as she fought the fish and unfortunately ran what was left of the batteries out of the camera, but I did manage to get one good pic of the fish.

I'd love to post the pic, but can't seem to figure out how. Any suggestions would be great.

Oh! Please share!

Download the pic to your desktop and then post using the select a file option below the text box (browse to your desktop and select the file, make sure to use the correct file extension, and click the green upload button) for your new post. I think if its over 2MB, then it won't take. You'll have to resize it in Photoshop or some other program.

I'm sure your ten year old knows how to do it. Kids and their 'puter skills these days make me feel stupid. If you still can't get it to post, PM me and I'll give you my email address and I can resize it and send it back to you, or post it for you.

Glad the girls and Pops had a great time! Sounds like you have fishing buddies for life!!! ;)

I'm addicted to watching kids catch big trout in DRC myself!! Great story! Can't wait to see the pictures...

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

That's really great...it don't get no better.

My youngest girl was a tom boy...those times are priceless..

Here is a bass she caught...not as big as that pig (that old gal is fat) your daughter caught..that's great...about all I can say, keep her after em.post-3670-1238023311_thumb.jpg

My friends say I'm a douche bag ??

bm <><

Let's try this:\

Great story~thanks for posting! Hats off to you Pops, and to your daughters~Fly girls in the makin'! What a beautiful bow!

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

The two best times to go fishing? When it is raining and when it is not.