OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I've been seeing a lot of small to average catfish caught by the warm water outlet at Springfield Lake.

Thanks bud that's a lot of help!

try below the darn, with the water being up there are usually some nice fish down there. last year about this time my uncle caught a really nice walleye below the darn. there is always something in that area.

Thanks guys you have been a lot of help, what about any crappie has anyone been catching\fishing for any?

There are some Huge crappie in springfield lake, i have not targeted them but have caught them on crankbaits. should be alot of fun because i don't think anyone really fishes for them that hard. i might start though

Pat you just need to get with me and I will show you crappie you might get lucky and catch a couple but nothing like what you are wanting you need to be at Stockton

Pat you just need to get with me and I will show you crappie you might get lucky and catch a couple but nothing like what you are wanting you need to be at Stockton

I know Brandon we need to get together and plan a trip soon. I need some fish to eat!

Me and the wife just like to take off for an hour or two sometimes and these little lakes are close to the house, but I kinda like to know if its worth my time to drive to one of the three of them. Its only about 20 min to each but I like to know when and where if you know what I mean.

Hey Pat,

I took my wife to Fellows Lake today and we caught our limit on BlueGill. We kept all the ones that were bigger than my hands. I also caught a two and half pound channel cat. All on worms from our garden. Of the BlueGills, one was a female with eggs and the other 38 were males full of sperm. We just rigged a small hook on the end of the line with a spitshot weight a foot up on 6lb test line. We found the fish off the reddish points on the sandgravel beds. Those spots may look merky red. However that is where the males are making the beds. This whole next week should be real nice. I dont know what the water temp was. We got there at 1:30pm and left at 4:30. I stuffed 2 quart ziplock bags with nice fillets.

My wife loves to fish and she usually brings a book with her to read when the fishing is slow. She did not have time to pick up her book today. The action was a fish every other cast.

My son and I will be there in the morning. Good luck every one.

Charles