A Visit From My Friend

Don

My friend, Mr. Gobbler, came over today. He knows I have good bugs to eat off of my bedroom window and just had to help himself. A couple of times in the past, I've had a few hens come up to pop the windows for bugs. This time I was armed with my Pentax digital.

post-375-1244509205_thumb.jpgpost-375-1244509250_thumb.jpgpost-375-1244509354_thumb.jpgpost-375-1244509440_thumb.jpgpost-375-1244509524_thumb.jpg

I took about ten pictures and he didn't seem to mind the flash going off each time. After an eternity of staring him down I decided to go outside to get a better look. I approached with "stealth" B) . As Elmer Fudd says, "Be vehehehewy vehehehewy quiet." I finally caught a glimpse of the guy and man, he was huge. Well, I needed three more feet to go so I could slip behind a tree and get some good outdoor pics, but that never happened. He detected movement,"stealth" :huh: , and flew off about 100 yards. Neat experience though.

Don

Don May

I caught you a delicious bass.

Stealth and Don in the same sentence? :lol:

Poor gobbler does not know he's in imminent danger of being Thanksgiving dinner at the May house... Well.... that is if Don could shoot straight.... :P

TIGHT LINES, YA'LL

"There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process." - Paul O’Neil

Neat post, thanks for sharing that.

The only good line is a tight line

Here are a couple of pics of turkeys in the yard when I came home one day. My son pulled up in the truck and stopped by them and the toms walked over and gobbled right in front of it. We started off with one tom that hung out with a flock of guineas then a hen showed up one year and we had 11 then 24 and finally after about 5 years we had over 60. The OWD came in and trapped some and relocated them. They would mess your yard up just like flocks of Canada geese will.

post-1452-1244649985_thumb.jpgpost-1452-1244650000_thumb.jpg

F2F