Spavinaw Creek Benton County Arkansas

A close friend owns all the property below the boys that have the little trout club on Spavinaw creek, I go over in the late spring when the flooding rains come and blow all their big trout down to his property, 2 miles of Spavinaw creek run through his property. Always big trout all in the 4 lbs plus.

I was born at night, but not last night.

Odds are with the prepared...

A close friend owns all the property below the boys that have the little trout club on Spavinaw creek, I go over in the late spring when the flooding rains come and blow all their big trout down to his property, 2 miles of Spavinaw creek run through his property. Always big trout all in the 4 lbs plus.

Just curious, is that in OK or AR? I have actually talked with the guys that run the club on Spavinaw and I think they have about six miles of it (if I remember right); I know that it starts in AR somewhere, but I am not sure if it ends at the state line or goes further on to OK. Either way, you are a lucky man to have access to that stream...there are some REALLY nice fish in there.

Just curious, is that in OK or AR? I have actually talked with the guys that run the club on Spavinaw and I think they have about six miles of it (if I remember right); I know that it starts in AR somewhere, but I am not sure if it ends at the state line or goes further on to OK. Either way, you are a lucky man to have access to that stream...there are some REALLY nice fish in there.

Here's one from spring of 09

Creektrout.jpg

I was born at night, but not last night.

Odds are with the prepared...

• 1 month later...

Yep, about an average fish for the Spavinaw. For those wondering, the best fishing is a few miles above and below the 43 bridge. Unless you know someone, good luck with any kind of access. I guess that's why they stay so big. My best at Spavinaw (on the fly):

• 1 year later...

If SVA owns both sides of the stream it could be trespassing. If the water is navigable, you can float it, wade it or even camp on the shoals. If it wasn't for some residents along the stream and Tightlines Fly Fishing Club working with AGFC, there would be no trout and no SVA. If they bother you, remind them. If you've got to pay $335 a month for SVA fees to catch fish, you ain't a man. A real man finds his own fish.

I fish downstream from SVA property and have been way before they came in. If the property is on one side only, I fish it. If I can float it, I fish it. If there are any problems with land owners or leaders, tell them to call the warden. Everyone argues their point and AGFC and MDC (mo) always step back. The MDC lists cases of stream issues going back to 1915 and I'm sure you can argue your case in AR.