Post Deluge Reports?

BlueWave

• Members

40 ft does seem to be the magic number after sun gets up now , but should change after surface gets below 62. Got into my best fish last week, feeding hard at 1 pm. Going out tomarrow with wife to see whats up with this. She dosnt like getting up early anyway. Caught my fish on 5-6 inch shad. I am playing around with the blacksaltys, had 1 on,he got hit too, but didnt pull me a fish. Riped his nose all the way to jaw bone, No scrapes or marks, but still frisky.

These stripers do like that smaller bait in the winter. One time years ago I was way up in Warr Eagle. Water temp just came up from 46 to 47. Everybody said Stripers moved out. Found Stripers in a small creek feeding in to warr eagle all the way back to 8 ft. Drug 5" threadfins right thru them, with no hits. Went to very back & netted sm 2" shad. tied 2 plainers with small tuna hooks so wouldnt weigh down to much. Came back thru and caught fish on both. Heres pic of graph last week after I got fish in the boat. Thats bait not trees.

post-9583-1256398681_thumb.jpg

Caught some Kentucky's out of cedar tree tops down Rocky Branch way on Saturday. That was the only place I'd say we got into some active feeding fish. But we didn't try our deep water spots. Water is still way up. Saw temps in the 60-61.5 range.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha