11-8-09 Baptist Camp To Cedar Grove

FishinCricket

There were so many people down at the river that day...forgot deer season opens in a week and a crowd to me is, well...2s company, 3s a crowd...kinda tend to agree.

Fishing during deer season probably isn't the smartest thing in the world...way my lucks been as of late a stray bullet would probably nail my old butt.

I have on 2 occasions over the years actually been snuck up on by hunters that heard me wading up the river thinking I was a deer, one was a friend and we still get a laugh out of it.

Reminds me of a joke where 2 first time hunters made a kill and realized it was a man. Upon realizing what they had done they rushed him to the nearest hospital...after a short wait the doctor came out and told them he didn't make it...said he might have stood a chance if they wouldn't have field dressed him. ha,ha!...I know...

Anyway, I waited around...had to try and stay focused on what I was waiting for, kept getting lost on the same gravel bar just below Parkers...lots of footprints in a sandy spot where Schafer Spring branch dumps in but I think most were mine. I guess I finally gave it up, couldn't remember where my truck was and when I found it figured I better get the heck outta there before I forgot something. I can't tell if these mega doses of ginko are helping or not...I may be taking too much/not enouph or if I even have any...if I find it I gotta remember to take it. Try leaving myself notes but always forget where I put em. I was going to make a point here I think but...oh just forget it.

If nothing else I am making it perfectly clear how stupid I've become...I think that allows me right of passage in this world these days, lol.

later

Oh yeah, after floating that strech Cricket you see why I always have said the Current is a great wade fishing stream. During normal flow there aren't but a couple of spots on that whole section that you have to walk the bank. The river isn't as trash free as what you saw the other day...it's just had several pretty good flushings lately. Give it a little time and the empty corn cans, power bait jars, you know...stuff that real fisherman use, must be legal to them, it's not plastic or alive...someday when I grow up maybe I to can be a corn banger...doesn't hurt to dream anywho, lol

My friends say I'm a douche bag ??

bm <><

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, after floating that strech Cricket you see why I always have said the Current is a great wade fishing stream. During normal flow there aren't but a couple of spots on that whole section that you have to walk the bank. The river isn't as trash free as what you saw the other day...it's just had several pretty good flushings lately. Give it a little time and the empty corn cans, power bait jars, you know...stuff that real fisherman use, must be legal to them, it's not plastic or alive...someday when I grow up maybe I to can be a corn banger...doesn't hurt to dream anywho, lol

indeed, I could definitely see how a boat would mostly get in the way if you were planning to fish those holes..

The lady at the outfitter actually gave us the warning:

"Do not take any corn with you whatsoever on the river"

apparently a group had done an overnight float and one of the staple foods they brought was a can of corn. Somehow a few kernels of corn slipped into the bottom of the boat and when these folks got checked the next day they recieved a ticket for possessing corn..

Storey seems a little suspect to me.. By those standards I could have gotten a ticket for having a purple worm in the tacklebox! Either way I think I'll leave the corn at home.. lol

cricket.c21.com