OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OKFlyFisher44

11/15, Sunday...who's Fishing?

I'm going to head down to Gore in the morning if the weather holds out. If its just light rain, I might just throw on the rain gear and head down anyways. I wanna do some fishing! Anyone for sure going down ??

I'm probably heading to the Watts area 1st, I like fishing that area in the early morning. I'll be in a black/silver dodge quadcab truck...or look for me on the river, green/white Scott hat w/ dark green wading jacket will be me!

If any of you lower illinois new-comers are coming, I'll show you around the area if you find me @ Watts in the morning....always enjoy a fishing buddy B)

It seems like a good day to go! I was out last Saturday and between my buddies and I we caught at least 40-50 fish. They hit on black woolies and white jigs most of the day. I was really surprised though at the location we caught most of them. The majority of the fish we landed were at the first pull in spot at the dam. (the one with the big gravel parking area and restrooms) I had my uncle with me on his first ever fly fishing expedition and after I got him set up with one of my extra rods, we did a few practice casts in that little pool right by the parking area. Much to our surprise, it was full of trout! My other buddy, Jordan, was already 4-5 fish ahead of me before I even got my fly in the water. We fished that spot for almost an hour and pulled 20+ fish out of it. My uncle caught on pretty quick and was able to catch 3 on his own. After they quit biting, we took a break and headed up towards the dam and fished near the cable and pulled in around 20 more fish. It was definitely a great day on the water. Most of the fish were small, but we caught a few 14-16 inch rainbows. It was a beautiful day and Ive now hooked (no pun intended) someone else on fly fishing! Best of luck!