Dave Whitlocks Guide to Aquatic Trout Foods

Flies, Ties and Techniques - Charles Jardine

Anything Geirach

A Good Life Wasted: Or 20 Years as a Guide - Dave Ames

Fly Fishers Guide to Arkansas and Missouri - Dan Limbaugh

Home Waters - Mid South Fly Fishers

I have enjoyed Terry Beesons book.

Thanks Billy... It's not very instructional, though... :lol:

You've got some very good suggestions here. May as well get your library going...

Terry -- what's the best way (for you and me both) to buy your book?

I've had Proper's book in my Amazon wish list forever. They fetch a pretty penny, compared to other used stuff. Anyhoo, I popped for a copy. It'd better be good!

Ness,

Go to my website - www.terrybeeson.net - and you can paypal me there. Email me and let me know if you want it signed and how to sign it...

If you prefer, you can mail me a check and I'll ship when it clears. Email me for details.

Or pick up a copy at the following locations:

Lilley's Landing - Branson, MO

Tim's Fly Shop - Roaring River, MO

Mountain River Fly Shop - Cotter, AR

Backcountry Outfitters - Springfield, MO

Wishes and Fishes - Bull Shoals, AR

Curiosity Shop - Nixa, MO

Beeson's Grocery - Hattieville, AR

As a last resort go to Lulu.com click here and order there.

They make GREAT gifts for EVERYONE on your list... :D

Thanks Billy... It's not very instructional, though... :lol:

You've got some very good suggestions here. May as well get your library going...

Thanks to all, looks like I have a lot to choose from and get me through the winter. :D

- Charlie

Do you have a favorite fly fishing book or DVD, if so what is it and why did you like it? Ideally I am looking for instructional recommendations (technique, tying, etc.) but what the heck, why not see what others enjoyed. Time to start working on the Xmas list which is different than the wish list. ;)

- Charlie

I have a whole list. My absolute all time favorite is "Trout" written by Ray Bergman more than 50 years ago. It's still very relevant, and although I've read the whole thing multiple times, I still learn something new each time. Fly fishing for Trout in Missouri is another great book. Besides talking about the trout opportunities in Missouri, it goes into the various fly fishing techniques, methods that apply anywhere. It's off the charts expensive however, if you can find it at all. My copy cost nearly $100 (used), but I do think it was worth it. Also Blue Ribbon Trout Fishing in the Ozarks is great, and it only costs about $20. In my opinion, it more thoroughly covers trout fishing opportunities in the Ozarks than Fly Fishing for Trout in Missouri, but is pretty slim on instructional reccomendations. Pretty much just a "where to" book, but a darn good one. Fly Fishing:A trailside Guide (by John Merwin) is also awesome if you're new to the sport. It pretty much covers everything you have to know to learn how to fly fish, but you may be well past that stage. I could go on and on (I like to read books about fishing almost as much as I like to fish), but I'll stop here for now.

Good luck