Need Some Help Diagnosing A Problem.

snagged in outlet 3

Thanks everyone. I also think u-joint at this point in time. But what is the name of the additive you used Thom?

Thanks again, I'll let you know what transpires.

SIO3

it is a GM product recommended for pos traction rear ends after long mileage. Can be purchased at GM dealer service dept.

Thom Harvengt

Transmission torque convertor shudder.service the trans and add a good additive like Trans x.If the fluid is black or smells burnt , call the trans shop for ideas.with the high miles I would expect a common answer.Good luck

[ [

Thanks everybody. I have't been able to do anything but drive it, being a holiday weekend. After reading up on u-joints and the rear end I don't think that's the problem. I'm leaning towards the transmission like Crappiefisherman said.

I'm going to take of it this week so I'll let you guys know.

Thanks, SIO3

Okay, I took it in today to a real good shop. Tranny fluid is "clean enough to drink" and it wasn't torque converter shutter. Wheel bearings are tight but since they are sealed no way to know until one breaks. Replacing the u joints just because they have 180,000 miles on them.

The guy spent 2 hours trying to figure it out. Even put it up the rack and drove it. He felt the vibration and at first thought it was a wheel bearing but it wasn't consistent enough while driving to replace them.

I'll let you know what happens after I pick it up this afternoon. If it's not the u joints I'll just drive it till it breaks down.

SIO3