Some Where On The Meramec River

Bman

This fish had the red eyes, and the smallie mouth.

The only good line is a tight line

I tend to agree with Al, on that one. Then again, I've found that the crosses can vary quite a bit. Lately, I've developed a bit of an interest in crosses. I've caught quite a few crosses. At least I think they were. I've caught some that I've said "what the heck is this thing". Either way it's a nice fish.

Here's a few that I caught this summer. All three were caught in the about a 1/2 mile stretch. The first two, I believe are crosses. :huh: .. They both had the rough tounge patch. I thinking I should name them "Moreau bass". The 2nd is definately a spot. I threw that in for comparison.

post-2911-1259602025_thumb.jpgpost-2911-1259602048_thumb.jpgpost-2911-1259602064_thumb.jpg

I am going to make it a point to take more pics of the crosses and the ones that I'm not sure about, and let you guys figure it out. ..... wader

wader

Whatever it is it's still a nice bass. Thanks for sharing Dad.

Whatever it is it's still a nice bass. Thanks for sharing Dad.

Wish you could have made it, every time you are in the boat with me, you show me up.

post-3853-1259622263_thumb.jpg

Matt at Taneycomo after a day of catching so many it was crazy.

The only good line is a tight line

Wish you could have made it, every time you are in the boat with me, you show me up.

post-3853-1259622263_thumb.jpg

Matt at Taneycomo after a day of catching so many it was crazy.

lol... that was fun. They sure turned on at the back of the boat that day. Who's rod was I fishing with though? ;)

I tend to agree with Al, on that one. Then again, I've found that the crosses can vary quite a bit. Lately, I've developed a bit of an interest in crosses. I've caught quite a few crosses. At least I think they were. I've caught some that I've said "what the heck is this thing". Either way it's a nice fish.

Here's a few that I caught this summer. All three were caught in the about a 1/2 mile stretch. The first two, I believe are crosses. :huh: .. They both had the rough tounge patch. I thinking I should name them "Moreau bass". The 2nd is definately a spot. I threw that in for comparison.

post-2911-1259602025_thumb.jpgpost-2911-1259602048_thumb.jpgpost-2911-1259602064_thumb.jpg

I am going to make it a point to take more pics of the crosses and the ones that I'm not sure about, and let you guys figure it out. ..... wader

Yep, first two are hybrids. Some of those hybrids are really pretty fish.