I've always wondered if Little Piney might be floatable when it's running high, maybe 150 CFS or so. I was thinking that there might be some interesting floating and trout fishing from Lane Spring down to Milldam Hollow. I guess my question is, when the water is running high enough to float, are there a whole bunch of log jams and things that would make it totally hellish to float? I don't mind portaging some, but I'd prefer it not be a constant thing.

I know that's really a better stream for wade fishing, but I was just thinking of trying something new and different.

We floated it about 6 or 7 yrs. ago, there hadn't been much rain but, the stream had plenty of water for floating. If you want to cover much water, that is the way to go. I can't remember any portage's. Only problem is, there are no shuttle services. We did our own. ... good luck ... wader

wader

I've floated from 63 to 1-44...It's not one I'd want to do with rain in the forecast because it flash floods alot, but its floatable...175cfs-300 at Newburg would be a good level...You never know what your going to encounter on that creek though...Its not logged, so you can run into some monster log jams on occasion. I've never used an outfitter to shuttle on that creek, but you might try some of the ones that serve the Big Piney in that area...Probably wont be cheap though. Cheers.

We floated it about 6 or 7 yrs. ago, there hadn't been much rain but, the stream had plenty of water for floating. If you want to cover much water, that is the way to go. I can't remember any portage's. Only problem is, there are no shuttle services. We did our own. ... good luck ... wader

Sounds like something I need to try. No shuttles=no other floaters. I think I'm gonna have to try this.