OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
jhenson

White Bass

I have heard they are still running deep but getting more active. Most of what I heard is coming from the Bridgport area near Flat creek.

go up the james to walnut springs...pearl swimming minnows or blue. even roostertails. If they turn on while your there, u can limit out in 30 minutes, if they dont, u can catch 3 or 4 an hour most times...trust me...lol.

Sounds good boys, wish more people would wait till the dogwoods in bloom to go chase them. Last sunday there were at least 30 boats in that one large stretch and many were limited out, right time right place.

Yep, think we should all just hang around the house. lol. I do understand that they are tempermental right now because of temps going up and down and the fronts moving throu, but if hit right, its a blast. good fishing boys

What's that old saying, "when the dogwoods are blooming the white bass are running". I think that's right,

I think its "when the dogwoods bloomin the suckers are on the shoal" If ya wait till they bloom your gonna miss the whites most the time:)

I think its "when the dogwoods bloomin the suckers are on the shoal" If ya wait till they bloom your gonna miss the whites most the time:)

I agree. Whites tend to follow the hours of sunlight as a trigger. Since they are schooling fish they tend to anticipate warmer weather instinctively this way.