OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
john27

Cape Fair Tournament

I got a copy of the sunday fun bass tournament at cape fair and was curious to anybody's thoughts about it? I have fished very few tournament and was thinking of taking my 10 year old son.

If you want to test the tournament waters with your son, there will be a benefit tournament out of Cape Fair on Sat. April 3 from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Proceeds will benefit the Sparta High School Trap and YHEC shooting teams. $40 entry fee w/ 60% payback and $20 BB. 1 in 4 payback w/ 10 place maximum payback. This is a great opportunity to fish a tournament w/ your son or daughter for very little expense and help some high school students out along the way. Registration will begin at 5:30 A.M and it says on the flyer you can enter the day of the tournament at the marina. Just a thought!

Mike Webb also will be putting on a KAST tournament on 4-24-10 out of Mill Creek. These are a good time as well. You can find out more info at kasttournaments.com. I believe the entry fee is $50 and they run from like from 7A-12P or 8A-1P. Any way you can look up the details for yourself. He always has some neat draw prizes and sometimes a 1/2 day tournament works better for the kiddos, heck for that matter a 1/2 day works better for some of us adults also. Hope this helps, I sure do enjoy fishing these events w/ my son and look forward to seeing more families doing the same

I assume you are talking about the sunday money runs, yes these are a great place to start, I fished one last yr and it is cheap and a good time. As soon as it warms up my 11 girl and I will be fishing some, real laid back. Like I said more less a money run with fish off at the end of the year. They don't cost a arm and a leg to fish

Thanks guys for the info. I think we may give it a shot and see how it goes. Seems like the worst case is we don't catch any fish but have a good time on the lake.