OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Hey guys I have been taking a new comer fishing and was wondering where and how good the fishing has been on our local lakes? We are mainly fishing for crappie and white bass. Any reports would be great, any good directions to some good spots would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

Fellows hasn't heated up yet aparently. I went the other day and caught a 10 inch crappie off the bridge, and a 16 inch walleye as well, both on swimmin minnows. I thought my luck was on, and went and got some real minnows, and not a bite afterwards. You have to get there early - I was there at 6 am, and a stiff wind was blowing into the bank. Talked to another fellow who fishes there regularly, and he said after a week or so of good weather, crappie and white bass will turn on, and you'll catch a limit off the dock if you get there early. I've never had a lot of luck at fellows, but I aim to change that this year.

Crappie and White bass can both be caught at McDaniels lake - I was there yesterday as well for about 1/2 hour, and saw about 5 or so crappie caught - casting out from the bridge with crappie jigs or minnows, and slowly retrieving/jigging. Also saw a nice white caught - chap was going to throw him back and asked if anyone wanted him - I said 'sure' - and he joined the walleye and crappie. If you're reading, - thanks - cousin said he was tasty!

If you're going right now, I'd say McDaniels, and go early or late. Not a lot of access, but the bridge seems productive.

I was out there today after work catching white bass feeding on shad at a depth of 5' in 10' of water about 30' off the shore lines. I caught 2 Big Males on a 1 OZ WHITE ROOSTER TAIL and 3 BlUE GILL bigger than my hands. Like Fly Guy said it should be getting better because 2weeks ago when the weather had several warm day spells with no rain the crappie were hitting like crazy in 10 feet of water. They are chasing those shad. Gets me every time I see them on my radar. Makes me wish I had a cat that could swim down there real fast and grab them. lol. But I dont so that Big Rooster tail gets em.

I might go back out there tomorrow.

Good Luck and Safe Fishing.

Tried Fellows yesterday - caught a couple of crappie and a catfish in about 20ft of water off the bridge. Saw a few other crappie caught- at different depths - As it got darker, a fellow fishing for bass with a worm hooked into a nice muskie right next to the bank - broke him off after a few acrobatics - but it was a decent (probably 30") fish. Also saw a walleye caught on a big jerkbait. We were using minnows.

Did you buy the minnows at Fellows lake and how much were they?

yeah - minnows at fellows marina - they were about $1.50 or so - cant really remember - not outrageous anyway

Thanks FlyGuy. Just got back from Fellows Lake AND cleaning 20 HUGE BLUEGILL. Talk to some other guys, as they were getting their boat out and they caught several walleye, crappie and catfish on minnows.

Weather sure is nice now.