Mo Non-Resident Fishing License

I was just doing a quick search for a non-resident fishing license for MO.

I see a license is $42. Then there's a "Daily Permit" required on top of that?

What exactly does a non-resident need to fish in MO??????

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the daily permit you are seeing is in the trout parks. If you fish the lake or streams all you need is the 42.00 dollar licence. Slider

DONT EVER GIVE UP MOSES WAS A BASKET CASE ONCE!

yup daily permit is for fishing the trout parks. even we have to pay that one. you can get the year for 42, or you buy single day tags

"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Interesting, seems like they have done away with 3 day and 2 week permits. The daily tag you see is a hunting permit only. I thought they had a daily fishing permit also. Looks like now your only option is an annual permit.

MDC Permits

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Root Admin

$7 per day to fish. If you're fishing more than 5 days, buy an annual.

$7 for a trout permit to fish in Missouri's trout areas.

There is a daily trout permit for trout parks.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

$7 per day to fish. If you're fishing more than 5 days, buy an annual.

$7 for a trout permit to fish in Missouri's trout areas.

There is a daily trout permit for trout parks.

That part is not shown on the MDC permit page any longer, wonder where they are keeping that info.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks to all who've replied.

Now that I'm working again, I might go out and buy an annual non-resident and come up there and "show you" how to fish.

Does the annual expire one year from the date of purchase like here in AR or at the end of the calendar year?

flytyer57,

The annual fishing permit expires on March 28 of every year. As a normal I will purchase the Non-resident annual permit and the Trout stamp at the same time $49 total cost. IT is also interesting to me that the license expires the day before opening day trout fishing in the parks.

Later,

FFM

Woo Hoo Fish On!!

flytyer57,

The annual fishing permit expires on March 28 of every year. As a normal I will purchase the Non-resident annual permit and the Trout stamp at the same time $49 total cost. IT is also interesting to me that the license expires the day before opening day trout fishing in the parks.

Later,

FFM

Back in WI, the license expired March 31, and opening day is the first Saturday in May for game fish, although you can fish for panfish and some other species all year. Trout opener is first Saturday in May also, but they have an early season on select streams.

flytyer57,

Later,

FFM

Make that Feb 28, or the 29th if it is a leap year.

Hunter S. Thompson