Night Fishing Report

stone9-7=2

• Members

stone,

I'm heading to Bull S. next week-family vacation in the Theo arm and want to learn more about night fishing. I'm trying to find your t-rock reply to Lilley. CAn you help me with a approximate date of that post- i'll look it up. Thanks.

willie

• Members

Thanks Stone,

I haven't fished Bull S. in 8 years so any help is appreciated and have never fished under the lights. Is it neccessary to use 6lb green line at night or will my 8-10lb do? Hook shad thru nose with 'red' bait hooks for best action or just experiment? Do you walleye fish Bull S. much? The reports coming in look good for bottom bouncing early and late and trolling cranks after 9:00am.

Willie,

8-10 is fine,i hook mine in tail or just below top fin w/ #4 bait holder hook's.

Mainly crappie & walleye. This time of year mostly at night.

How do you plan on fishing at night,what type of light,s how deep,catch shad?

9-7=2 :)

• Members

I've read your posts and will follow your guidelines. Headed to Bass Pro for submersible lights-how deep do you place them? Guess you need them up top at first to net shad? I've spotted a few points in middle Theo-Big boy and the point across from it, point 13 and the 2 flat points just downlake. Would like to fish the saddle but it's a little far with my 50hp at night. Looking at points with flats that also may have a bluff or a channel drop next to the flat. Are any of the fish attractors placed in 30-40' at 654 elevation? Just looking to find a few spots in Theo that i can fish once or twice a year and catch a few eyes.

I've fished Stockton walleye for several years around the dam points. Learned from a guide by the name of Pete Hall. I see there are now weekly reports on Stockton's forum. Sounds like the eyes are on a bite up there.

Thanks again for the help Stone.