Feathers, Do You Need Some

The feathers turkey, quail, and fur from a deer, squirrel or rabbit taken with a valid hunting license for the correct species can be sold to a licensed buyer, not the meat. The dove is a federal migratory bird and brings up other issues, but I can't say I have ever thought of a use for dove feathers other than maybe a soft hackle. Ducks and geese are federal birds also.

I thought the idea was to swap also, I don't think there would be a problem other than the dove.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

• Root Admin

3 CSR 10-10.768 Sales and Possession of

Wildlife Parts and Mounted Specimens

PURPOSE: This rule authorizes the sale of

certain wildlife parts and mounted specimens.

(1) Subject to federal regulations, legally

obtained feathers, squirrel pelts, rabbit pelts,

groundhog pelts, turkey bones, turkey heads

and deer heads, antlers, hides or feet may be

bought, sold or bartered when accompanied

by a bill of sale showing the seller’s full

name, address and the number and species of

these parts, and the full name and address of

the purchaser. Legally taken wildlife and

wildlife parts, after mounting or tanning, may

be bought and sold.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Members

hmm, didn't mean to start up a legal issue I just thought that since I will be moving and have more then I will ever use I would see if anybody would need them, I was thinking if someone wanted them I would mail in a USPS flat rate box if taker would pay shipping. If I would ask for any thing it would be a couple of flies that you make out of the meterails. If this is going to be any trouble for the site, myself or takers PLEASE DO NOT HASITATE to lock this thread and delete it. Of course I had planed on sending am index card with my name, address, and conservation number along with any such items so if any questions do arise I could be easly contacted. So lilly if you are ok with this let us know if not then that ok with me, the feathers will be desposed of properly.