OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aarobyn

6 Mw Generation - Wadable?

I'm making my first trip to the LIR and I need to know a little bit of what to expect, water wise. The generation schedule is calling for 6MW of generation in the early afternoon today. Is that wadeable? I've trolled through a bunch of topics and posts, and it seems pretty obvious that when even one generator is going (20MW) that the LIR isn't wadeable, but I didn't see any comments about how hard it is to wade at a low generation rate (6MW is just 15% of the typical high). Any advice or experience?

I'm making my first trip to the LIR and I need to know a little bit of what to expect, water wise. The generation schedule is calling for 6MW of generation in the early afternoon today. Is that wadeable? I've trolled through a bunch of topics and posts, and it seems pretty obvious that when even one generator is going (20MW) that the LIR isn't wadeable, but I didn't see any comments about how hard it is to wade at a low generation rate (6MW is just 15% of the typical high). Any advice or experience?

Its is wadeable in certian areas, it brings the water up about two feet, stay closer to the bank and add more weight to your fly, fish 6-8 ft under an indicator, I,ve caught some nice fish during 6-10 mw generation.

Gregg