Mourning The Passing Of The High Bank Hole

Looking at that I would say that it is no where near a finished product. The pit there and the amount of area between the bank and stream tells me that they will pour another outlet similar to the one at the bridge hole. You know...The one where everyone catches fish feeding the gut hatch.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to jump in really late, the trout parks and wild streams are not comparable, and I think that if you honestly assessed these two that you would agree with me. And I'm not saying that lunkers in Bennett are stupid when compared to lunkers at little piney, what I'm saying is that you have to use different techniques for each of them. I've caught bigger fish on Blue Ribbon streams than trout parks, which tells you that I probably haven't figured out trout parks. It takes a different strategy to catch a lunker at roaring river than it does at crane, and rightfully so. Is a lunker from Bennett less of a lunker than one from a wild trout stream? Harldy so, a trout is a trout and to be honest, a lunker is a lunker. A blue ribbon trout is more spooky, harder to detect, and a lunker from Bennett has seen it all. So quit bashing each other.

Now, why would we compare a winter urban program with a native trout stream/lake management? There is no sense in that. But, I have to state that but for the winter urban program that I would have never fished for trout. In KC, there just isn't anyway for a young person to experience a tug on the ultralight like that of a trout in winter. And to be quite honest, I love the winter months because of the stockings of trout. It reminds me of when I was a kid, before I had a child, before I was in law school and before I had to worry about what the future holds. To those people lucky enough to have their dads take them to Bennett when they were young, consider yourself blessed. My dad never fished, and if he did take me to a lake it was for less than a half hour. I have memories in these trout ponds in the same way a person with a person with a fishing family has with trout parks. I've since focused on wild trout, but this IMO does not discount trout parks or the winter program.

I love those winter trout fishing days because it represents a different a different type of fishing than what I am used to. Do these trout that are stocked in lakes bite on flies, you bet they do. But they are in no way a native trout, and that is not what the program is set up for. However I would like to say that most of the difference between a native trout and a wild trout is the emotional attachment that we as anglers place upon them.

“The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people” J. Brandeis

Thanks Bruegy.

Man aren't those beautiful? And they look so natural. :rolleyes:

Blue-pipe hole!!

Your probably right, but I say let's wait until there done. Which from the pics, they clearly are not.

I was just being sarcastic. I agree with Noluck, clearly that's not the end product.

But I was the first to name it the Blue Pipe Hole and I wanted it to stick. My dad got an MDC access named and I wanted to get one too.

The parks have there place and I grew up fishing them and still like them.

SIO3

I've caught bigger fish on Blue Ribbon streams than trout parks, which tells you that I probably haven't figured out trout parks.

I doubt that that has as much effect as the competition from an over stocked stream and the general fear that the large fish instinctively show. These fish aren't afforded the deep water they had at one time where they could hide and feed during the day. Basically what I'm saying is they are hammered all day and only a near perfect presentation will make them lose their fear. It's always hard to know what presentation before you have strengthened their fear.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

I doubt that that has as much effect as the competition from an over stocked stream and the general fear that the large fish instinctively show. These fish aren't afforded the deep water they had at one time where they could hide and feed during the day. Basically what I'm saying is they are hammered all day and only a near perfect presentation will make them lose their fear. It's always hard to know what presentation before you have strengthened their fear.

A perfect assessment Wayne. So goes my theory, a small fly, light tippet, for big fish. No worries about stressing them out, they are stressed to the max already.

I was just being sarcastic. I agree with Noluck, clearly that's not the end product.

But I was the first to name it the Blue Pipe Hole and I wanted it to stick. My dad got an MDC access named and I wanted to get one too.

The parks have there place and I grew up fishing them and still like them.

SIO3

As far as I am concerned, it's a done deal. "Pete's Blue Pipe Hole". Has a nice ring to it.