Busch Lakes Iced Up

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa dude not golf. I’ve lost some of my best fishing buddies to golf. Best I can tell golfing is responsible for the downfall of many a fine fisherman.

Truth be known, I enjoy the heck out of golf, someday I may go astray myself.

I think people show up and catch their 4 fish limit and just don’t want to quit fishing. If the MDC were to do something like hide in the bushes with high tech surveillance equipment just to give out citations it would be ridiculous. All that needs to be done is the posting of some in your face signage stating the regulations and maybe a MDC vehicle left in the parking lot now and then.

I had one of those BWL trout for dinner last night, it was delicious.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

• Members

I like golf, but everytime I play I find myself at the ponds edge looking for my golf ball and wondering what might be swimming beneath.

I feel the same way. Went to Ft Myers, FL last summer. Played a newer Davis Love III designed course; very nice. Heard from one of the locals that residents can fish the network of hazards around the property; very cool, I thought. Also heard there were several Florida - strain Largemouth in the system; doubly-cool. Was then warned that if you land a nice fish, and an alligator comes out of the bushes and wants it; it's best to give it to him. Talk about a buzz kill!! I had visions of 7-10# bass out of a golf course water hazard only to have them dashed by visions of an alligator with an attitude taking my catch!!

Won't be packing the extra rod in the golf bag!