Anyone Been To Li Lately

Heard from some buddies at Marval it was doing good. They didn't tell me anything other than that though lol

"Its clearly Bree time baby!"

Member: 2009 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Czech Republic. 7th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Slovakia. 4th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed The America Cup. 4th Place Team

• Members

Surprised nobody has been posting reports lately. Have people been doing well? I am thinking of going tomorrow.

I've been out pretty regularly the last few weeks. Its slower than it was a month ago (when you could catch a fish nearly every cast) but not bad at all. Small sizes are key. Zebra midges are still working well. (Actually, I lost my last zebra a few days ago, so I can't speak to anything since then.) In general I am still getting bites with any small, bead head nymph.

There seems to be a daily, afternoon hatch of very small white/gray flies (PMD's and Cahills). I caught probably a dozen good sized fish between 2pm-3:30pm today all on the surface. The fish were very aggressive. I lost all the flies I tied on a 6x tippet. 4 in a row, actually. I was getting extremely frustrated but switched to 4x and proceeded to catch the dozen.

Good luck!

Just got from the Watts area.Caught 20 or so mostly on #18 zebra midges. Also caught a couple of pretty nice ones on a small egg pattern right under the power line. B) Dan-o

RELEASE THOSE BROWNIES!!

• Members

I went down on Thursday the 9th. Did really well. Got there about 10 just as the water was going down at Simm Watts. Caught some on a pink san juan, some on a micro black woolly and a lot on a 20 cooper nymh. The pic below is the largest of the day. She was shooting eggs when I landed her so I returned her real quick.post-9234-12925139226261_thumb.jpg

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." John Buchan

• Members

The rod is a Bamboo Headwaters. I got it a few months ago. It is a really nice rod.

Forget the fish... I want a full length shot of that rod. Who made it?

(And the fish does look nice ;-) )

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." John Buchan