New Mdc E Permits. Yellow Ones Go Bye Bye!

jdmidwest

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutthroat

They worked with cutts and cuttbows and not all that many years ago you could still see the remnants of the cutt genes. The problem is they found that the Redband was a better match for Missouri, so doing their job they quit wasting money on the project.

There's nothing about cutthroats that excite me over a bow, unless it's one from Mann lake in OR or Pyramid in NV. The Redband evolved from traditionally warmer waters then the cutthroats do.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

To say that Arkansaw is superior in fish management to Mizzou because they waste money on a looser that Mizzou doesn't is ludichris.

that is some fance speling righty there!

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

To say that Arkansaw is superior in fish management to Mizzou because they waste money on a looser that Mizzou doesn't is ludichris.

that is some fance speling righty there!

I believe thier brown trout managment is better too (time will tell). I'm not going to debate bc I don't have to. I'm sick and tired of the most vocal supportors of MDC silencing any and all criticism of them. I'm not going to engage anyone on this subject agaign.

Asking you to elaborate is not arguing. It is asking for some type of fact that which you have never produced in any discussion of any subject. If you want to continue to make wild, wanton, and false accusations against the MDC, then you need to expect those with the opposite view to respond.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Asking you to elaborate is not arguing. It is asking for some type of fact that which you have never produced in any discussion of any subject. If you want to continue to make wild, wanton, and false accusations against the MDC, then you need to expect those with the opposite view to respond.

Well chief, if he is talking about trout then its hard to argue against it, think of how many world record browns have came from Arkansas(3), and compare that to MO(0). The Little Red, the White River below BSD are just better fisheries, how much of that has to do with management, I don't know. Now if you're into little trout streams and creeks, MO is the place to be, but then again we have the issues of put and take fisheries and a lack of enforcement for regulations. And it seems that the White River has more progressive regulations, moving the C&R areas as needed to protect the browns that are spawning. HEck Chief, we don't even have C&R regulations on Crane, and that is arguably one of Missouri's best resources for wild trout. So, I guess it's all how you perceive it. Not defending anyone, just putting my view out there, and I think that it would be nice to at least see C&R regulations on blue ribbon streams, or even close the streams down for a month to let the trout spawn without people wading through the redds.

Look, here is my deal about the whole online conveneince charge. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it reflected the amount of the service charge that MDC encounters through these payments. JD said something like 5 percent right? So a dollar is fair, but the fact that MDC started out with saying that we'll charge you 2 dollars, well, where is the reasoning behind that number?? And thats probably why they dropped it to 1 dollar, in that most peoples licenses cost about 20 dollars if they are in state and buy a trout tag on top of that. Because it is accurately reflecting the service charge, no big deal. And the whole thing about money, well at least you should feel that a state agency should responsibly reflect the accurate charges it receives, and MDC is now doing this.

Now, the idea of increased conservation agents is a whole different bundle of worms. The sad thing is that I hardly ever see conservation agents, and I don't know how many we have which makes it hard to know how many more we need. I would have no problem with the idea of increasing license fees IF AND ONLY IF the MDC puts that additional revenue to increasing enforcement.

“The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people” J. Brandeis

And it seems that the White River has more progressive regulations...

Well, if it's more progressive government regulations that BRBF wants, then I for one am with him on that. But I don't think that's the case. He just wants to slam MDC simply because it exists as a government entity, and point out what a crooked, bureaucratic mess it is in order to fit it neatly into his unflinching negative opinion of government in general.

Well chief, if he is talking about trout then its hard to argue against it, think of how many world record browns have came from Arkansas(3), and compare that to MO(0). The Little Red, the White River below BSD are just better fisheries, how much of that has to do with management, I don't know.

This is not a fair comparison when you consider that arkansas has several more miles of "big river" to harbor and grow browns. Also their strain of brown trout lives 5 years longer than the missouri strain. Our fish grow to 29 pounds in 13 years, give them another 5, and you would see them on the leader board as well. And to set the record straighter, missouri does not have an "all tackle" world record such as arkansas, but it does possess a "fly rod" world record, and arkansas does not.

This is not a fair comparison when you consider that arkansas has several more miles of "big river" to harbor and grow browns. Also their strain of brown trout lives 5 years longer than the missouri strain. Our fish grow to 29 pounds in 13 years, give them another 5, and you would see them on the leader board as well. And to set the record straighter, missouri does not have an "all tackle" world record such as arkansas, but it does possess a "fly rod" world record, and arkansas does not.

So argue that the sky is blue rather than light blue with the fly rod record, I don't see how that point is valid. In all honesty, a fly rod record doesn't mean too much if you think about it, other than to the person who holds it. It's a conditional record because it's only a record with an exception. It's just like line class records, and if that makes you happy then good, I have no problem with something that makes people happy. But come on, legitimately it doesn't stand for a whole lot as it wouldn't be a record but for the fact that the person was using a fly rod. Maybe MO has the world record for a trout caught on a Parachute Adams, but not too many people are going to care, it’s the big one that counts.

Look you have a point with the life span of the browns and I should've done my homework on that one, and to that point I am wrong. But look at what else Arkansas has, like a year 'round C&R on the White. Do you see that anywhere on Taney or NFOW, nope. Do you see that on blue ribbon streams? Again nope. Do you see that on Crane, which has one of the most rare strands of trout on it(Some might argue that the strain is not as pure as advertised but that's another post), again no. The put and take fisheries that MDC seems to love to finance, even though it makes little sense from an economic(and I would say common sense stand point), does Arkansas have that, at least the ones where if you miss the truck by a few weeks the fish are gone? And how about closing an area for spawning season. . . I mean, come on, the list could go on but I hate to waste internet space. :)

BRBF may have his own agenda, and I certainly won't go so far as to say I hate government or anything like that, but mine is this; MDC could use some of Arkansas's plans to make better fisheries. Take the barbless hook points, are you telling me trophy areas in general would not benefit from a regulation like this? And does MO have one, again no. Do you see what I am saying? All I am trying to say is that while MDC does a good to decent job, there is a lot of room for improvement. It just irritates me to here status qou arguments, and "oh we're fine, the stocking truck will be here in a week" attitudes.

On this point I'm not trying to be argumentative it's just an honest question, Why don't we use the strain that Arkansas uses? Is there a reason, like the strain wouldn't adapt well to Missouri waters?

“The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people” J. Brandeis