• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Tactician

The Tactician

Duskystripe Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, wading, outdoor exploring, urban exploring, caving, conservation, family and fun.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

As of right now...(please no jinx), it is supposed to be around 42 and sunny Saturday. I have successfully tricked a buddy into freezing with me and fishing Sat. Wonder if the lake is all frozen or not.

Thanks!

#2 Zac Seale

Zac Seale

Bigmouth Quillback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, Yankees, Packers, Chevelles

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

My wife and I drove over Maze Creek on hwy 215 and over the 215 bridge near Alrich and it was frozen as far as we could see in Maze creek and pretty far out at the other bridge. When going over the 245 bridge the main lake was clear, but I didn't see any ramps to report on. Hope this helps

Zac

#3 The Tactician

The Tactician

Duskystripe Shiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, wading, outdoor exploring, urban exploring, caving, conservation, family and fun.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

I appreciate it.

#4 MissedAnother

MissedAnother

Chestnut Lamprey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

The wife and I went out yesterday from Old State Park. From 215, Turkey and Maze Creeks were frozen as far as you could see, but the main lake was clear and as smooth as I've seen it in months. Old State Park and Hawker Point boat ramps were clear. Surface temps were around 37 at the ramp. Fishing was darn slow.

#5 Gilly

Gilly

Green Sunfish

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Hot rods, fishing, grandkids, hunting, family, boating, bar-b-que, hanging with friends....in no particular order!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

The wife and I went out yesterday from Old State Park. From 215, Turkey and Maze Creeks were frozen as far as you could see, but the main lake was clear and as smooth as I've seen it in months. Old State Park and Hawker Point boat ramps were clear. Surface temps were around 37 at the ramp. Fishing was darn slow.

Same last weekend. We both commented on how smooth the main lake was.
www.drydock516.com

#6 MissedAnother

MissedAnother

Chestnut Lamprey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

Already posted in the What's Frozen? thread but thought I would toss the pics up here as well. Yesterday 24th.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Ice1.JPG   468.54KB   62 downloads
  • Attached File  Ice2.JPG   471.48KB   72 downloads
  • Attached File  Ice3.JPG   647.9KB   50 downloads

#7 Stockton Lake Guide Service

Stockton Lake Guide Service

Fishing Guide

• OAF Fishing Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Ruark was still frozen as of this afternoon 01/26. Mutton creek and north was all open water, and sons creek out from ruark was breaking up pretty good. should be looking good by this weekend as far as ice breaking up and melting, but if you are making a long drive, pick a ramp towards more open water to make your trip more fishing and less driving.

Good luck!!

Bob Bennett
Stockton Lake Guide Service
http://fishstocktonlake.com
417-637-BASS

"Our Service is Crappie"
”And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms….The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants”
~Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

count web page traffic
XM Satellite Radio