OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hotdawg Guide Service

Big Water = Big Browns!

Well folks the second most magical time on the White has arrived!! The only bad thing about the flood gates being open is all the damage it is doing to people's property but on a high note the fishing is absolutely fantastic!! The only time it could be any better is when we have a shad kill! I personally think it is even better! All the long time guides like myself have seen this kind of water at least four times before and yes this is the highest output of water but the catching is incredible. First you must take precautions such all people in the boat must wear life jackets no exceptions!! Second your motor must stay on all day and be in excellent running condition. Third do not drag a chain at all!! Watch behind you at all times and last have a blast!! The fish are gorging themselves on worms!! You will be able to catch at least 10 -50 browns a day up to sometimes 10 pounds on worms !! I have been using a #8 sinker and just drifting the middle of the river from the dam all the way to cotter.I was out with Kim and Steve Broussard from Lake Charles Louisiana yesterday and caught 19 browns from 3- 6 pounds on egg pattern and worms!post-10029-13068381612908_thumb.jpgpost-10029-13068383083317_thumb.jpgpost-10029-13068384213393_thumb.jpg