The Monster...

I don't know what kind of pond health program you've got going on but that fish appears to be starving to death and quite weak. :)

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

• Members

fantastic fish! have always wanted to target carp with the fly rod. hooked into one on a 7'6" 4wt. fiberglass rod. had me into my backing in about 60 seconds and snapped the tippet as soon as i tried to put some pressure on him to slow him down. i bet yours was a great battle. did you put a tape measure to him?

Guys, I didn't weigh or measure it, but looking at my photo, it looks to be just about as long as the fly rod from the end of the handle to the second line guide. I just measured the rod, and it's 42.5 inches to the second guide. And just from trying to manhandle the thing up onto the bank, I'm guessing a minimum of 30 pounds, and I'm thinking it was even heavier. I do know one thing...it's the biggest freshwater fish I've ever caught, period.

Hey Al,

I have seen some of your posts for your various canoe setups. I have searched for your posts, but I am unable to find them. Could you send a link or two?

A friend of mine mentioned to me that he was wanting to get two kayaks for him and his son to float & fish our local waters.

I would be more inclined to suggest your canoe set ups. Alas, I don't know where to get them, or what to get.

I'm terrible at figuring out how to easily give links, but if you go up to the search feature at the top of this page and click on "advanced", it will bring up a search page. In "words", type in "battery box", and in "author" type in Al Agnew, and click on the search button. In the list of posts, you'll find my stuff in "more new canoe mods" and "solo canoe set-up".

I decided this year to pare my lure selection down a bit, so this year I'm only using the one big battery box with the five Plano 3701 boxes in it.

Maybe somebody else can do the links for those two posts.

Wow! For some reason, I always thought you were a guy in his twenties!

Nice fish, by the way!

Ouch!

No way a guy in his twenties could have that much wisdom! (even thirties for that matter)

Although his political beliefs are too far left........:)

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Although his political beliefs are too far left........:)

Unless of course you're just too far right.

There's a fine line between fishing and sitting there looking stupid.

Yep back in 98 I did the same thing but with a tiny torpedo. thought I won th lottery, instead it ended up dragging the boat around for 20 mins before I got on land dragged the 37lb piece up, not the bass I was hoping for.

Do you have any trees around your pond?