Vandals At Drynob Access

highroller2145

• Members

Saturday I left my truck at the drynob access on hwy 32. While we where gone a lowlife broke out passenger window and stole some items. Has anyone else had problems? I think next time I go fishing I will just leave my truck unlocked with the windows down. That way the meth heads can take what they want without busting out my window.

Saturday I left my truck at the drynob access on hwy 32. While we where gone a lowlife broke out passenger window and stole some items. Has anyone else had problems? I think next time I go fishing I will just leave my truck unlocked with the windows down. That way the meth heads can take what they want without busting out my window.

That's pretty crappy. I worry about that every time I park the truck on an Ozark stream, especially when I'm floating. Sorry that happened to you. There are some real bums in this world, no doubt about that.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

It happens, i have had 2 thefts at conservation ramps on rivers . couple of years ago at Rollins Ferry highway 89 on the gasconade broke into my tool box and took every thing. Last fall at Pacific Palasades on the meremac took my license plates. If they see a empty trailer on a truck, they know they can hear you, so be careful!

it's not like conservation agents are ever at the accesses to deter theft. hell, it's pretty much the one place you definately will never see law enforcement... no speeding tickets to hand out in a parking lot. no easy revenue. fighting crime is hard work, requires many donuts.

Fish On Kayak Adventures, LLC.

Supreme Commander

'The Dude' of Kayak fishing

www.fishonkayakadventures.com

fishonkayakadventures@yahoo.com

Plenty of desperate people out there right now. I've had my car broken into a couple times...and once in my driveway...My wife had somebody toss her car last week..she left it out and unlocked in the drive with a nice bike on the back. Figure the bike attracted them....They got some change and a phone charger cuz the bike and rack were locked up...

Probably the same folks who tossed my car last year.. Figure they prowl a route regularly and look in cars for things of value and unlocked doors.... Leave nothing for those degenerates.

it's not like conservation agents are ever at the accesses to deter theft. hell, it's pretty much the one place you definately will never see law enforcement... no speeding tickets to hand out in a parking lot. no easy revenue. fighting crime is hard work, requires many donuts.

I patrol the hell out of problem areas here in Franklin County thank you very much, and so do my guys...Cant be everywhere at once. Just because you dont see someone the few mintues you may be at a ramp doesn't mean no one was there. Only takes a couple of minutes to knock the window out of a vehicle and take what they want.

Almost makes you want to just buy a beater of an old car/truck just to use for shuttles. Buy a locking gas cap and don't leave anything else in the vehicle when you leave it at an access. Pretty bad when you have to take your license plates off though so they don't get stolen.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Bought the locking gas cap yesterday at an auto parts store. $ 18.xx plus tax. Now it looks like I need to go back and buy the heavy see-through license plate covers ? Are they trying to grab the whole plates, or just the little renewal stickers ? Dang !

I patrol the hell out of problem areas here in Franklin County thank you very much, and so do my guys...Cant be everywhere at once. Just because you dont see someone the few mintues you may be at a ramp doesn't mean no one was there. Only takes a couple of minutes to knock the window out of a vehicle and take what they want.

Thank you rangerman. Most of us realize you are woefully understaffed and appreciate your efforts. On the NFoW our water patrol has really been focusing on the public accesses which have gotten crazy over the last couple summers with more and more people floating in their own boats. Even so, like you said, it only takes a minute to toss a vehicle, and the good ones probably watch you come in, drop a vehicle and drive off, knowing you won't be back until they are long gone. Leave nothing of value, and I usually leave mine unlocked so they can take a peek around without breaking any windows.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop