OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tightline

Great Blue Heron

I kinda like the water turkey idea. But to sell enough of them to be worth the effort, we'll need a real trendy name for them. Instead of "water turkey," how about "free range organic hydroponic poultry?"

I kinda like the water turkey idea. But to sell enough of them to be worth the effort, we'll need a real trendy name for them. Instead of "water turkey," how about "free range organic hydroponic poultry?"

Yeah! What he said. :wacko::D

I wonder how healthy a stream would be,or if it would be worth fishing if it couldn't sustain wild birds?

Don't lose sight of the fact that these pellet eating fish aren't the most wary creatures, y'all flock down here to catch them because they are easy to catch, and provide a lot of fun. I'm sure Mr. and Mrs Heron, whether Blue White, Lesser, or Bittern, along with their neighbors the Bald eagles come here because the fish are easy to catch and tasty.

Come to think of it some humans come for exactly the same reason. :lol:

I've just been compared to a Heron. I'm trying to decide if I should be insulted. ;)

Nah! I've DEFINITELY been compared to worse things in my life.

I s'pose I could tolerate the birds. They are good entertainment, sometimes. It's funny when a fisherman so focused on the fish that he doesn't notice that he's invading a Heron's territory. The bird gets irritated and squawks at the fisherman, scaring the bejeezuz out of him. Now that's funny!

Unless your the fisherman That warm feeling going down your leg isn't from feeling good.

You guys need to get out more. :lol: