Rude , Mean People

I agree with this in a lot of circumstances. BUT in this instance jimf1969 was not expecting exclusive use of a stretch of water in bssp. All he was asking for was common courtesy. To me this guy's behavior goes beyond just being rude. It sounds like he's borderline dangerous.

Greg

ding ding ding.......winner! :have-a-nice-day:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ding ding ding.......winner! :have-a-nice-day:

No ding ding ding, it's not worth the hassle. Like Cricket said, report the incident and then go somewhere else. Even reporting it is probably a waste, you can't pee up a rope.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

No ding ding ding, it's not worth the hassle. Like Cricket said, report the incident and then go somewhere else. Even reporting it is probably a waste, you can't pee up a rope.

I think that's kinda what Greg was saying (and shawncat) was agreeing to..

cricket.c21.com

What?? I never said it was worth the hassle? Where do you get that from my post? Geez!

I think all Jim was or is looking for is to talk this out with some of us. Sometimes when you are put in a bad situation and are forced to walk away (I've been there several times) it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And it helps to talk (or post on this forum) about it with reasonable people (us).

And thanks Cricket. We need to go fishing one of these days.

Greg

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it" - Koos Brandt

Greg Mitchell

What?? I never said it was worth the hassle? Where do you get that from my post? Geez!

I think all Jim was or is looking for is to talk this out with some of us. Sometimes when you are put in a bad situation and are forced to walk away (I've been there several times) it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And it helps to talk (or post on this forum) about it with reasonable people (us).

And thanks Cricket. We need to go fishing one of these days.

Greg

My pleasure, friend... And we should! :)

cricket.c21.com

• Members

No, next time you walk up to the park store and ask a ranger to come down and have a chat with the guy...

I did talk to a ranger about it. According to him that guy did nothing that the ranger could stop. Ya see, he did nothing illegal, nothing criminal. Only when it gets physical can the Ranger do something. Had I hit that fat POS in the mouth, then I would have been in trouble. He (the Ranger) claims that the guy showed no edicate. Towards me, or anyone else for that matter, He (the Ranger ) seemed to hint at the possibility that i should have got him ( the fat guy) to hit me in the mouth, then he (the ranger ) could have done something about it. Seems a bit far to go just to catch some fish with kids don't ya think..... Next time he (the fat guy) will hook me.... The fat guy that uses a fly rod as a weapon needs to be taught a lesson. Either in court or the parking lot.

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish. ~Harold F. Blaisdell,

• Members

No you can't pee up a rope, but, you can kick his fat butt.

All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish. ~Harold F. Blaisdell,

No you can't pee up a rope, but, you can kick his fat butt.

Yeah, but unfortunately not in front of your kids.:lol: Fortunately you probably have some much better memories with your kids than this slob that intruded on a few minutes of the trip.

Don't get yourself all wadded up Greg. Whether you call it stress, a hassle or an overdose of BS, it's not worth keeping oneself fired up over it, it ain't worth the hassle because if that guy isn't there some other a-hole will eventually show up. I've fished BS longer than most and it is one of the negatives of the trout parks, it's been going on as long as I can remember.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

I did talk to a ranger about it. According to him that guy did nothing that the ranger could stop. Ya see, he did nothing illegal, nothing criminal. Only when it gets physical can the Ranger do something. Had I hit that fat POS in the mouth, then I would have been in trouble. He (the Ranger) claims that the guy showed no edicate. Towards me, or anyone else for that matter, He (the Ranger ) seemed to hint at the possibility that i should have got him ( the fat guy) to hit me in the mouth, then he (the ranger ) could have done something about it. Seems a bit far to go just to catch some fish with kids don't ya think..... Next time he (the fat guy) will hook me.... The fat guy that uses a fly rod as a weapon needs to be taught a lesson. Either in court or the parking lot.

Yeah, I honestly can't say I would have done anything different than you, nor can I come up with a better solution (even with the benefit of hindsight and ample time for consideration)

People are frustrating... :grrrrr:

cricket.c21.com

I think that's kinda what Greg was saying (and shawncat) was agreeing to..

....yep,yep,thanks for clearing it up......i wanna go fishin wit yo and greg.....somewhere's we dont have to move upstream or talk to the ranger!Somewhere's a sportsman treats a sportman with respect.....and fat stream bogarts live in fear!yuk yuk yuk :D