Dry Fly Catching!

• Members

Looked like to me you were practicing your catching.....That video was great......I wonder in the colored water if a darker bodied Dry would be any better.....We have caught a good number of fish on the White on the bigger Cicadas which are dark bodied.....Gonna bring my Ranger up over the weekend and fish some Dry Flies...will stop by and see you and Lisa.....Thanks for the good reports and to BB over on Table Rock...

WOW! They just let YouTube through the filters here at work. Big, big mistake. Great vid, I agree it's so much cooler to see the takes, not just the fight.

Nice casting under the branches. Gotta get down there while they're still looking up.

"WOW." That is my buddy, slinging that dry under those branches. What a great piece of video. Where else you gonna find stuff like that? Like the comment from the camera girl, also asking for the take.

You talk about High Risk, Big Reward, that is what he was doing. I take 5 out of 100 fly fishermen, that can do that kind of percission casting at best. Including ME!.

Watch the tenique and positioning of his rod during the presentations. Watch the hurry up and stop method of stretching the leader to make the presentation roll over under the limbs and drop perfectly next to the bank.

I'm tell you guys, It Ain't as easy as what you are seeing. This is an extremely experenced Master fly fisherman. Even after the presentation, he is allined to make a very perfect short drift with the fly. Remember also, he is running the boat and controling the drift of the fly from a moving platform while making this type of presentation.

You want to pull your last 3 hairs out, go give this a try. What is available for the few may not be available for the many. The ability it takes to do this is off the charts. We are way past fly casting 101 here, we are working on our PHD.

I am completely blown away by this, as you can no doubt tell.

Cannot say I have ever enjoyed a piece of footage more. Cannot thank you enough for sharing it with us. I feel extremely fortunate to have seen it in person many times.

And, if you think he is good at this, put a straight line jig in his hands.

BB