#1 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Looking at the snow this morning got me to thinking about the polar bear on the 1st and have not heard anyone talking about it this year. Is anyone looking forward to it this year? Looks like the winter is here early but then again it could be 70 and bluebird by that time.

I always think it is a lot more in the spirt of the tournament when it is below freezing and the snow is flying a little on that day.

#2 JD Dudley

JD Dudley

Banded Pygmy Sunfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Looking at the snow this morning got me to thinking about the polar bear on the 1st and have not heard anyone talking about it this year. Is anyone looking forward to it this year? Looks like the winter is here early but then again it could be 70 and bluebird by that time.

I always think it is a lot more in the spirt of the tournament when it is below freezing and the snow is flying a little on that day.

Planning on it and would love for it to be as windy and cold as last year!

#3 Champ188

Champ188

Bluntnose Darter

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing and golf ... both with my wife and best buddy Donna.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

I suppose Donna and I will be there. We like to say we fish the Polar Bear every year to remind us why we don't fish Beaver :noway: .
James Gilzow

Fishing adds days to a man's life and life to his days.
Homer Circle

#4 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Just a little tip from what I saw this past weekend. I was floating around Praire creek chasing the bait with serveral other striper fishermen and I noticed that everyone was catching more BIG blacks then stripers. I also saw a lot of BASS boats huging the shore and finding it hard to get a keeper.

Shad seemed to hanging around 35ft but when they started breaking toward the 10ft level in 50-60 ft of water that is where the big blacks started hitting the live bait. We didn't see a lot of fish on the locator just walls of shad that raised in peaks instead of the normal straight line.

Wish I would have had a spoon or jerkbait to see how many blacks I could have boated but we were looking for big stripers.

Best of luck to all those brave enough to get out there.

#5 Champ188

Champ188

Bluntnose Darter

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the tip, Stump Bumper. We're going Christmas Day and will make a decision on whether to donate the week after based on those results.
James Gilzow

Homer Circle

#6 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the tip, Stump Bumper. We're going Christmas Day and will make a decision on whether to donate the week after based on those results.

So how did it go, really nice day but bluebird day probally made fishing a little slow I am guessing?? Did you find your pattern?

#7 Feathers and Fins

Feathers and Fins

If it flies it dies, if it flops it fries!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts
  • Interests:Watching the Ramp follies

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Donate Donate.. the more boats on the water the more the birds are stirred up lol... I will be easy to spot Im going overboard and putting out the whole spread just for giggles... Oh beware coots those dang birds still are getting ran over they just wont get up this year for some reason.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaver-Lake-Arkansas-Fishing-Report/745541178798856

#8 Champ188

Champ188

Bluntnose Darter

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

So how did it go, really nice day but bluebird day probally made fishing a little slow I am guessing?? Did you find your pattern?

Changed our mind at the last minute and went to Eucha instead. Been catching 40 or better a day over there and Sunday we managed about 35 despite the bluebird skies and no wind. Would take me a week to catch that many at Beaver.
James Gilzow

Homer Circle

#9 skeet88bt

skeet88bt

Banded Pygmy Sunfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Whats the entry for the polar bear and do you pay at Prairie Creek ramp? Never fished it before but thought I would this year....

#10 jeb

jeb

Skipjack Herring

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

I saw a sign today at HLS that said entry was $60. I know nothing about it beyond that, sorry.
John B
08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

#11 sfiser

sfiser

Black Crappie

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

$60 entry, pay in cash at prarie creek 7AM-3PM Jan 1st. There are also side pots for big striper and big walleye, believe they are $10 each.

#12 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

$60 entry, pay in cash at prarie creek 7AM-3PM Jan 1st. There are also side pots for big striper and big walleye, believe they are $10 each.

:slow: I hope no ones tries to carry a 20-30lb striper around around with a livewell full of blacks. Those quater size scales stop up everything in the livewell and will choke out the bass. Does not sound like a good idea at all.

#13 Feathers and Fins

Feathers and Fins

If it flies it dies, if it flops it fries!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts
  • Interests:Watching the Ramp follies

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

I can tell you this it should be renamed the SOUTH BEACH Tournament this year... I just got off the lake and shed out of my waders before sunrise and was down to a t-shirt by 8am... temp on my trucks guage said 67 when i was leaving.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beaver-Lake-Arkansas-Fishing-Report/745541178798856

#14 Quillback

Quillback

Highfin Carpsucker

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Looks like it will be a bit chilly come Monday AM. I'll be interested to hear what they catch them on. I think it will be tough fishing, but there are always a few guys that do good.

#15 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

I am betting on a wart winning the money again probally on the North end. Even though I have seen a lot of big bass caught deep and myself I would be on points with shad with a spoon. Seems evey year someone shows up with custom painted wiggle warts and hits a 20lb bag right off the rocks. If the wind picks up the cole slaw spinner bait may also be the winner but my money is on the wiggle wart bite.

#16 Quillback

Quillback

Highfin Carpsucker

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Weather turned out pretty nice for this time of year, sunny with a breeze blowing, you might be right about that Wiggle Wart working today.

#17 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

well did anyone get the details?

#18 Quillback

Quillback

Highfin Carpsucker

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Not a word in today's paper. Jeb told me that the winner had around 16 lbs. but other than that, no details.

#19 jeb

jeb

Skipjack Herring

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, Aaron at HLS said it was 16+ for the winner. Dang nice average sized fish for Beaver!
John B
08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

#20 Stump bumper

Stump bumper

Rainbow Trout

• Fishing Buddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't get the Thursday paper but saw online there was a report. Did it have any more details??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

count web page traffic
XM Satellite Radio